Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 04:42 AM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] isn't the T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops. The flop should read:

Flop (10 SB): K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
anyway you need to fold to that c/r

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what i have learned by posting this hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
Old 08-13-2005, 05:42 AM

Default Re: I suck at the river, part 1

[ QUOTE ]
meh, I guess you're right. with a one card straight possibility out there, donks aren't raising without the goods.

i don't think i'd be able to make the fold at the table, i guess i'm stuck into the "don't fold for 1 bet on the river in a big pot" mindset.

[/ QUOTE ]

The trouble here is that most total donkeys are clueless enough not to be scared by (or even aware of) the 4-straight board and think that 2-pair is worth a raise.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:40 AM

This is a micro-limit post, but I still think it's something to think about.

Why you guys aren't crushing these Microlimit games... by Ed Miller.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a micro-limit post, but I still think it's something to think about.

Why you guys aren't crushing these Microlimit games... by Ed Miller.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really don't see how Ed's post on folding too much has anything to do with folding to a raise on a draw heavy board. If we're raised on the river we're not good 1 in 100 times, much less 1 in (pot) times.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how he's really gaining anything by betting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're gonna have to agree to disagree, because you're wrong here. Betting will gain value from worse hands. Checking will not, unless you have a very specific read that your opponents are relentless value bettors/bluffers.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Entity, how do you fold here to a raise when you are getting such good pot odds?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I get checkraised on the river on a 4-straight 3-flush board, it's gonna take a lot more than 12:1 for me to call without a read.

Rob
Old 08-13-2005, 08:17 PM

Maybe I'm wrong about this. I still have a lot to learn, but to me, it just seems like this is still worth the call.

Quote from SSHE, "No one's hand-reading skills are keen enough to fold strong hands routinely in large pots. Calling with a second-best hand is not a big mistake. Folding a winner in a big pot is a catastrophe. Don't do it!"

Is this pot not large enough to qualify? Am I still not thinking about this correctly? I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm just trying to learn here. The one out of ten times you may win this pot seems to justify a call to me.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:53 PM

We're not going to win 1 in 10 times here. Villain's raise is his way of turning his cards face up and saying "I am going to win this hand."
Old 08-13-2005, 10:16 PM

A side note to learn from this post (which has made me a fair bit of money over time):

If you are EP in this situation, and the flop aggressor is a TAG type of player who is capable of folding on the river when they know they are beat...

If the river action goes: I check, Pre-flop/Flop/Turn aggressor bets, everyone else folds, then regardless of my cards I'll check-raise for a value bluff. With 10.5 BB in the pot, and getting 5:1 on my check raise, you can easily see by the comments here that certain types of players will lay this down WAY more than 80% of the time!

Just my two cents worth on the issue.