Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Results

I checked the flop because I didn’t know where I was and didn’t want to get raised so I was forced to make a tough decision. Then on turn I decided (hoped) I was ahead after the big blind showed a lot of strength. He thought for a long time and finally called with AsAh. At least I put him to a tough decision…
The poker gods rewarded me for my great play by putting a king out on the river.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Re: And another KK hand

I think all-in is a little much, but actually like this line. Because you checked the flop, you keep the pot small and see if a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes off or if someone capable of having a flush shows strength. A lot of players will play a flopped nut AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] the way you do here, so by taking this line you might cause someone to make a "huge laydown", but it is likely that you will confuse your opponents into a call with hands like Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q or something similar. Since your opponent can only really hold a premium hand according to your read, the only likely hands he holds that beat you are AK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or AA. Anyway if your read of the BB is pretty accurate this is a decent line to take IMO.

If you bet the flop and get raised huge and fold, your are giving up some value against hands that you are 50-50 against that contain a diamond. By waiting till the turn you also afford yourself a chance to bluff-raise a bet on a diamond turn if you're feeling like mixing it up a bit (i probably don't do this very often by hey it's an idea).
Old 08-13-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
At least I put him to a tough decision…

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Playing it the other way there is no way he thinks about folding so at least you gained in that department.