Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: Folding Equity in 5-5 Live Game

Maybe with a small shot, you fire a bigger second round.. But Check-calling $500 with a relatively small $410 pot to begin with is very ominous.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:12 PM

This is a bad spot to c/r. It stinks of a bluff.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:45 PM

No one checkraises with KK or AA in the CO on this hand after reraising preflop. No way Button folds a good pair.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one checkraises with KK or AA in the CO on this hand after reraising preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Here, two people checked it to you, and there was only one person to act after you. From his point of view, how were you SO SURE that he was going to bet this that you were able to checkraise with your big pair?

If you were first to act and had all three behind you, that's a different story.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:14 PM

just continuation bet 300 and fold to a raise... i think checkraising all in here is way too FPS after reraising PF
Old 08-09-2005, 05:19 PM

Your preflop reraise is what got you into trouble in the first place - That's rarely a good move w AKo in a full game unless you give us some read on MPs preflop raising standards.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:03 PM

You can't be serious. First of all, I don't think I'm "in trouble" here. I feel that I have a very good read on my opponent, and the only question in my mind is how and whether I can get him to fold a mid-pair.

Secondly, I cannot understand why you think re-raising with AKo is a bad move. Have you ever played in the Foxwoods' 5-5 NL game? This re-raise takes it down about 50% of the time. Most of the remaining 50% only the original raiser calls, and if I do get other callers, they usually have a pair or AK. Rather than re-raise and try to isolate my opponent (who most likely has a worse or equal hand - and if I am dominated, he will let me know about it) when I am in position, you think I should call with AKo and most likely end up with 4-6 opponents on the flop? I might as well fold.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't be serious. First of all, I don't think I'm "in trouble" here. I feel that I have a very good read on my opponent, and the only question in my mind is how and whether I can get him to fold a mid-pair.

Secondly, I cannot understand why you think re-raising with AKo is a bad move. Have you ever played in the Foxwoods' 5-5 NL game? This re-raise takes it down about 50% of the time. Most of the remaining 50% only the original raiser calls, and if I do get other callers, they usually have a pair or AK. Rather than re-raise and try to isolate my opponent (who most likely has a worse or equal hand - and if I am dominated, he will let me know about it) when I am in position, you think I should call with AKo and most likely end up with 4-6 opponents on the flop? I might as well fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Reraising with AKo at the fw game is pretty standard.