Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Re: What do you do with this river?

[ QUOTE ]
So I after the general consensus that the flop call was fool hearted I am going to scrap that from my playbook, however it brings up another question: What non nut hands will you play short handed?

Obviously you can't nut peddle and obviously you guys don't like drawing at a K high flush so what non nut hands do you play strongly short handed that you don't in a full ring? Top and bottom? Middle / bottom set?

Or are you guys playing non-nut two way hands? I have found it to be very profitable to push good 2 way hands HU because I will have good fold equity and it will be unlikely that I am beat both ways. Are these the types on non-nut hands that you guys are playing?

Clearly my shorthanded game needs some work so I may be posting a lot more short handed questions in the near future. The good news is that my opponents at the $25 tables are horrible so I may even turn a profit while I am learning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Non nut hands can win shorthanded, but if it's 5 PF and then 5 after the flop, then it's not exactly shorthanded. If you were up against 1 maybe 2 other players after the flop then you can draw to a King high flush assuming you can recognize when you are beat.