Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Re: NEXT STREET...EL FLOPO

Grunch.

Hero bets.

Hero is almost certainly behind now, but since we raised preflop, our opposition has no reason to expect that. They will probably read a bet as overcards, maybe a big pair, and may fold now or on the turn, or may not suspect our hand if we make our straight. I don't generally semi-bluff into a field of 4, but I think this is a good spot for it.

Hero has overcards with no reason to think someone has a higher pocket pair (I don't play 2/4, but I expect a pair of 10s or higher would be raising preflop or definitely betting this flop even at a passive table), and a gutshot straight draw to the nut straight.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without the straight draw or if there were overs, I would check the flop. Does this sound bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly without the draw you'd check, unless you'd made some sort of hand (A6s, for instance). If overs had fallen I might check it through as well, depending on the overs...an ace, for instance, and I'm sure I'm being set up for a check raise.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Moving on.......

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

OK, I raised here for three reasons. I have position, I want control of the hand, and with the limpers I wanted a pot large enough i could draw if I whiffed.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, CO calls.

So I whiffed. But they all checked. Missed overs? I have a gutshot and 2 weak overs and control, fire again? Even if I'm check raised, I think I have the implied odds to call and see the turn.

Turn: (6.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, CO checks, Hero????
Old 08-07-2005, 03:04 PM

Oops, my bad... Missed the gutshot! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Bet!
Old 08-07-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Moving on.......

...checks and folds the river UI. I don't see your being able to fold BOTH the passives at this point.

HU I might fire one more into the pot, that being the last money I put in without a non-[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 falling on the river.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Agree (N/M)

nm
Old 08-07-2005, 03:09 PM

Time to take the free card. The likelihood of a bet folding the two opponents isn't great and I'm not saying any of them have a jack, but it would seem reasonable that they called with either overcards or a small piece of the board. Not to mention getting C/R'd here sucks.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:17 PM

Hmmm. Good and bad. We now have a double gutshot, but our weak top pair outs got dirtier (which was hardly unexpected).

I really want to check here and take my free card, but against 2 opponents, I wonder if I should bet again? (FYI, this is how I think at the table too...scary isn't it? Amazing that I actually am +BB/100.)

If I don't bet, I probably won't be able to bluff them off a blank river. But if I hit, that's good because then they are likely to call my river bet. I'd rather put my $ in with a made hand. And I really DON'T want a check-raise here.

I check, closing the action. (Let me guess, river is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], right? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])
Old 08-07-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Yeah bet the flop

CDC made a good post the other day about when to bet and when not to bet the flop. In this case, where the pot is pretty big, you should bet since you don't mind getting check/raised since you will most likely be playing HU against a hand that you have 10 outs against. That is a scenario that you can deal with in this spot. You should bet here even if you are pretty sure that someone with a 5 or a 3 will call you all the way. You would really like to get rid of a dominating hand like K9 or even a hand like KT since your outs would be more then cut in half should a K/T fall on fourth street.

I like the PF raise personally, as long as the table isn't really bad. When people will call you all the way with anything, it doesn't make too much sense to raise with 98 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. If however it will a) fool people and b) get them to payoff more when you flop something then I really like raising here. I'll read what others have to say now.

Brad
Old 08-07-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Yeah bet the flop

[ QUOTE ]
I like the PF raise personally, as long as the table isn't really bad. When people will call you all the way with anything, it doesn't make too much sense to raise with 98 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. If however it will a) fool people and b) get them to payoff more when you flop something then I really like raising here. I'll read what others have to say now.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. No way in hell am I trying this at 1/2 or .50/1. Not to say that 2/4 is that much different, but I don't see nearly as much clling down with bottom pair, or A high. I'm still new to this limit though.