Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: I just play bad?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, isnt there a decent chance that the raiser in this hand got a pair + draw and raise as a semibluff?

Not saying fold flop is wrong but 3bet is an option if u got any sort of read on raiser as being aggressive with draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, I agree that 3 betting is an option, but as you said, I really think that you need some type of read on CO to do this. This is a pretty dangerous board, so reverse-implied odds suck bad OOP.

I also think that in order for raising to be good here you should have some sort of read that the bettor, or caller is at least capable of folding after putting 1 bet in on flop. Of course you'd like them both to fold, or call with weak Q's, or something with very few outs.

It just sucks if after you 3bet its 3-4 way huge pot on the tuen, you're likely behind, and when you are ahead(on flop) about half the deck can hurt you on the turn.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:43 PM

After your Flop check, it's 2 calls and a raise to you with 2 players left behind you. As far as reads go, it was a little fishy that no one raised preflop with a late poster in the hand. It seems the 2 TAGish players are not aggressive. That makes it even more likely that they hold the most popular limping hands , AJo, KQo, & JTo. Hero is badly behind 2 of those hands and the third is a good draw. To me, 3 betting QJo into those possible holdings is risky. With 2 cards to come, any card above a 6 would be a threat. Maybe I'm afraid of mosters under the bed but that's my take on it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 09:51 PM

I pretty much agree with your thinking, i'm bad at writing my thoughts down but basically what you said. I was being pushed around so much I thought I should 3-bet but clearly that was subtle tilt.