Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 10:09 AM

Default I just play bad?

Both villains are TAGish. Fold flop is best instead of getting into this mess, and turn bet is bad and river bet is bad?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $20.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB
Old 08-03-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: I just play bad?

This isn't standard is it?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:17 PM

I think that you are probably beat, but for one more bet I would probably just call, if not for anything, at least for information.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:37 PM

Is it standard to 3-bet the flop in these spots with TPMK?
Old 08-03-2005, 07:27 PM

if you get to the river why not just check call and get a showdown for the same number of bets?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it standard to 3-bet the flop in these spots with TPMK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that it is. My play would be to just let go on the flop, but not sure if that's SOP for most around here??

With 6 people to the flop, and the action going that way, you're very likely behind, and even if you are ahead, there's not too many turn/river cards and betting scenarios that will be favorable for you.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:20 PM

I think standard play on the flop is check, and if the bet comes from EP then fold, and if the bet comes from LP then raise. I think it's a very easy fold when it gets back to you already raised.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM

Yup, that's what I thought when I 3-bet, just didn't feel right. Thanks for clarifying, I made quite a mess.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:45 AM

You mean you will fold toppair, ok kicker if a limper in early position bets on flop? It sounds very weak? They all limped so chance u are outkicked is not that big.

Also, isnt there a decent chance that the raiser in this hand got a pair + draw and raise as a semibluff?

Not saying fold flop is wrong but 3bet is an option if u got any sort of read on raiser as being aggressive with draws.

With 3 callers and the bad A on turn I would checkcall turn. Pot is big enough to hope for straight or trips if its only 1BB when it gets back to you.

I would guess turnraiser got at least 2 pair with Ax so I see nothing wrong with checkcalling river.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:59 AM

I think the 3bet on the flop is fine.

And I would be pretty confident you are ahead on the flop of everyone except CO who might have a ugly two pair, CO's post broadens the range of hands he could have and it could very well be a J with no kicker and he wanted to eliminate the field. Mp's call and then call 2 more screams KQ or a flopped straight to me since he's a TAGish and he limped after two limpers, KQo or 89s is very likely hands.

I think 3bet on the flop to see where the others are at, but if an 9, A, or K comes down I'm slowing down completly.

I say check-call the turn and look to improve or throw your hand away on the river.