Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 01:29 AM

Default Re: back to basics? 1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am looking at my poker tracker DB and ATs us an overall winner for me and the times I called a PF raise with it, I hit big or went home early.

Does someone with a reasonable sample size have data on this hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh it gets dragged along for beats when dominated fairly often, though it performs good multiway

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Fold, I never call ATs when raised. You'd be fine if you didnt too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am looking at my poker tracker DB and ATs us an overall winner for me and the times I called a PF raise with it, I hit big or went home early.

Does someone with a reasonable sample size have data on this hand?

-D

[/ QUOTE ]

In 66,000 hands I've cold-called with ATs 12 times and have made $2. I made one flush and won two other hands. Overall, it's an "eh" hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

you put way too much emphasis on very small sample sizes for how a hand performed in a certain situation, this isn't the first time I've seen it from you

it could be a .25BB loser that is performing a little better than it should be, but the main point is you can't get anything of value looking at a 12hand sample, poker has way to much random stuff going on

[/ QUOTE ]

WAAH. I was just responding to the question with the info I have since most people here probably haven't cold called with ATs even 12 times. I wasn't making any end all-be all statement about it's worth. Stop being a nit.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:27 AM

Alright, first of all, I'm folding this PF. Against an EP raise (and one with virtually zero reads), I have no problems ditching this from the SB. I figure I'm behind KK-TT, and dominated by AA and AK-AJ. Getting involved is not worth it in my opinion.

Of course, assuming that I am in the hand, this is pretty much a dream flop. The fact that I'm even remotely feeling timid about this flop is proof (to me) that we shouldn't even be in this hand. I'm all about c/r here to find out where I'm at. With a call, I'm betting out the turn and river. If I'm 3 bet, I'll throw out a call and look to improve on my few outs on the turn. If the turn doesn't bring one, I'm c/f'ing.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys. I'm going back to basics.

Is this, or is this not, a WA/WB situation and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does WA/WB stand for please?
Old 08-04-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys. I'm going back to basics.

Is this, or is this not, a WA/WB situation and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

What does WA/WB stand for please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Way Ahead / Way Behind...For situations like when you have top pair no kicker with Ax, either you are way ahead of a pocket pair like KK or QQ, or you are way behind a better ace like AK or AQ.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:11 PM

It feels like if UTG has been relatively quiet previously and is now betting preflop he's probably working with something better than the straight draw which is the only thing that would ultimately beat hero. I think hero is most likely in a WA situation but should CR the flop to see how serious UTG is about his cards. In case he is working with a draw this gives hero the opportunity to show his hand before UTG actually has something. It would also give him the opportunity to see if there's a chance he might get outkickered.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:24 PM

I just read this thread, and thought it might be helpful to look at it from the other side (not this hand, but very similar situation).

In this case the turn C/R gave me a chance to get away from hand. though i was left uncertain abut whether to have folded or called down.

All comments welcome!

A big PP against an AAX board..