Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 02:13 AM

Default Re: Good river bet?

[ QUOTE ]
He is loose but not a maniac to 3bet.
UTG called and reraised preflop. That usually indicated an AA or KK that was initialy trying to slowplay.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true. But I have seen loose players 3-bet with QJ or even J10.

The limp-reraise is questionable. Why would you allow people into a pot for cheap with something like AA or KK UTG?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The limp-reraise is questionable. Why would you allow people into a pot for cheap with something like AA or KK UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. But I've been playing these limits for a while and every single time someone has limped/reraised preflop he has a big pocket pair. I can't explain why the do it. Maybe they are affraid that if they raise everyone is going to fold and their monster hand won't get any action.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he bets, someone may think he has a flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's true but, as you pointed out, it's unlikely given Hero's betting pattern. Now if UTG+2 were to lead out...

[ QUOTE ]
If he bets, he may even chase away someone with a lower flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lower flush? Hero doesn't have a flush and no flushes are folding this river if they've chased it this far. If you're betting to represent the flush, you just need to hope there isn't a real one out there.

[ QUOTE ]
Marginal hands should be bet or raised in this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're saying that other people's marginal hands should be bet (into) or raised. The read on MP3 is that he's loose, but pretty reasonable post-flop. What he's shown you so far (raising every chance he's gotten) should indicate that he's not afraid of top pair.

It's probably worth calling in this enormous pot, but I certainly wouldn't be putting more money in than my one-bet call.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:09 AM

"The betting pattern does not reflect a flush."

"The betting pattern shows that maybe UTG+2 and UTG are on flush draws and that is it."

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That's true but, as you pointed out, it's unlikely given Hero's betting pattern. Now if UTG+2 were to lead out...

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to remember our opponents in micro limit are not as observant as we are here at two plus two.

[ QUOTE ]
Lower flush? Hero doesn't have a flush and no flushes are folding this river if they've chased it this far. If you're betting to represent the flush, you just need to hope there isn't a real one out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

A person with a nine high flush could say, "Oh no, hero led out with a bet - he must have a higher flush than me."

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're saying that other people's marginal hands should be bet (into) or raised. The read on MP3 is that he's loose, but pretty reasonable post-flop. What he's shown you so far (raising every chance he's gotten) should indicate that he's not afraid of top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

It should. But most of the time, in micro limit poker - it will not.