Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: $40k at a .50/1 table??

[ QUOTE ]
I just wish that the NL tables would allow a player to buy in with what ever they wanted. Only in fixed limit games can players buy in with what ever they want. Crypto players are notorious for doing this. Back when it was fixed limit games only I was playing with a guy that sat down at the .50/1 tables with 150K. I figured if he wasn't tilting he was at least slanted to one side a good ways. I started in with "how much have you lost at the higher limits?" he started back on me with "STFU." I knew it wouldn't be long. Everyone kept folding to him. He just kept raising and raising. Once I got a good hand I helped cap it every round. Got to the river and I knew I had the best hand. We capped again and he turned over absoulutely nothing...not even a pair. Once the rest of the table saw that he never bullied anyone else fo the next hour at the table. Then he left...he lost around 300 bucks. I love it when higher limit guys decide to bleed money. Then the NL tables opened and all the idiots decided to bleed money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there no cap after the river, HU on the Crypto skins?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wish that the NL tables would allow a player to buy in with what ever they wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]
In regards to this, I think party, or any other site for that matter should have a select few tables with essentially an unlimited buy in, or one where the cap is retardly (yup, thats a word) high...blah blah blah, i understand about laundering funds, but you can do that on the 2000NL regardless.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 PM

Not me. I'm at work. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2005, 07:21 PM

There is no cap now. I can't remember that long ago if there was a cap. Besides I don't play poker there any more other than the freerolls and/or downtime tourney.

I do seem to remember now that some of the hands went longer than the standard 3 raises.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just wish that the NL tables would allow a player to buy in with what ever they wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]
In regards to this, I think party, or any other site for that matter should have a select few tables with essentially an unlimited buy in, or one where the cap is retardly (yup, thats a word) high...blah blah blah, i understand about laundering funds, but you can do that on the 2000NL regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

UB has em.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

VP 83 - PFR 69

i don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is weird. When I drop down to .50/1 to mess around, I'm at VP 100 - PFR 100 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Meow.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:53 AM

didn't see that this thread got so many responses.

1 - yeah, i'm an idiot. after a decent night playing 10/20 6-max I headed right over to the .5/1 and 1/2 tables to correct those red numbers. my p-tracker sure looks a lot prettier now though.

2 - the guy claimed to be a beginner (and played like it...wasn't playing in a 'ha-ha ....i'm capping every street and blowing off steam' kind of way), he also claimned that he thought there was a $25 max buy in there and that his buy-in was an accident.
he was REALLY freaking defensive.
he never answered my questions about why he had $40k on party if he was only a beginner.
he did previously in the evening claim to have won the lottery. somehow I'm doubting it.

it was a weird one though.;...as he legitimately DID seem to just be playing a regular 'bad' game instead of the typical 'maniac just blowing off steam' game.
He was actually tightening up a bit as the night went on and after he lost a couple bluff attempts. He was hovering within 20BB's of break-even for the entire time I was there and wasn't really chasing to the river with the nut-low or anything silly like that.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:41 AM

If I can make it work properly, below there should be a screenshot of TillerMaN on Stars with $40k at a 2c/4c limit table. That is one million big bets my friends. And he must have started with more since he's just raised it to 4c preflop. MANIAC!

Guy.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm at +$0.63 in 258 hands for 0.24BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sample size is far too small. Come back in 9,742 hands and you'll have a better idea if you really are a winning player. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 12:47 PM

Winning the lottery probably means he figured out his parent's party poker password.