Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 05:23 AM

Default $40k at a .50/1 table??

weird. watching him right now.

VP 83 - PFR 69

i don't get it.

a winning 20/40 player or something who just wants to blow off some steam?

his language indicates that he's pretty young.
i made a couple of jokes about hoping he's not playing beyond his bankroll and silly stuff like that and he keeps getting defensive and tells me to back off.
if you sit at a .5/1 table with $40k wouldn't you expect some comments?
Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 AM

Default Re: $40k at a .50/1 table??

What were you doing at a .5/1 table???
Old 07-27-2005, 05:33 AM

i knew someone would ask me that.

kinda weird as I was playing 10/20 and 15/30 earlier this evening (and having a VERY good night).

few weeks ago I started to clear a bonus on .5/1 because I was sick of some of their tactics and knew that they would be losing money on me if I cleared it all at that limit.

that lasted about 100 hands before I got bored (as I anticipated).
But unfortunately I lost a little bit while I was there.

I've played virtually every limit from .5/1 to 15/30 over the past few weeks (some only a few hands)...and a couple days ago I decided I no longer liked any of those red numbers on my poker-tracker stats.

So...after bringing all my other limits to official profitability...I'm stuck on the .5/1 table trying to get rid of my last red number!!
Right now I'm $1.62 in the red.

Oh wait...$40k guy just folded against me and I'm finally in the black.
After folding the BB i'm at +$0.63 in 258 hands for 0.24BB/100.

Was it worth it?? Well...for the first time in quite awhile I have no in-the-red numbers in my BB/100 column.
Hell yes it was worth it!!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i knew someone would ask me that.

kinda weird as I was playing 10/20 and 15/30 earlier this evening (and having a VERY good night).

few weeks ago I started to clear a bonus on .5/1 because I was sick of some of their tactics and knew that they would be losing money on me if I cleared it all at that limit.

that lasted about 100 hands before I got bored (as I anticipated).
But unfortunately I lost a little bit while I was there.

I've played virtually every limit from .5/1 to 15/30 over the past few weeks (some only a few hands)...and a couple days ago I decided I no longer liked any of those red numbers on my poker-tracker stats.

So...after bringing all my other limits to official profitability...I'm stuck on the .5/1 table trying to get rid of my last red number!!
Right now I'm $1.62 in the red.

Oh wait...$40k guy just folded against me and I'm finally in the black.

Was it worth it?? Well...for the first time in quite awhile I have no in-the-red numbers in my BB/100 column.
Hell yes it was worth it!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol@that whole post... because I can understand 100% where you are coming from. I'm the same type of guy.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just so you know, that rate isn't sustainable.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and a couple days ago I decided I no longer liked any of those red numbers on my poker-tracker stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA someone as anal as me. Kinda like putting your CDs in alphabetical order.

Also, nilbud, how is it "ruining" your game? First off, it's everybodies game. Secondly, if I drop into the microlimits and start playing like a maniac, then I'm donating to the table same as any donk, so whats the problem? I would love it if a $100/200 player let off some steam in my games.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:44 AM

You have a point, but in my case, I started with $10 playing .02/.04 with a promise not to reload ever (have you met my wife?). Learning how to play against maniacs was not high on my priority list at that time, rightly or wrongly.

I think the thing that bothers me most about it is that you are basically making yourself feel better by pushing others around with your roll. Whether or not they are right to be annoyed based on poker logic is irrelevant. They are, you know they are, and that is why you are doing it.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
making yourself feel better by pushing others around ...... and that is why you are doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know.... it's an interesting question as to why it can be therepeutic to sit in a small game and play like a maniac. I think it is probably more complicated than you put it -- I certainly am not trying to bully people when I do it, this is not in my nature. Also, I have to add that I don't sit in a microlimit with a massive roll, this is just showing off.

Maybe this post belongs in the psychology forum?
Old 07-28-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have a point, but in my case, I started with $10 playing .02/.04 with a promise not to reload ever (have you met my wife?). Learning how to play against maniacs was not high on my priority list at that time, rightly or wrongly.

I think the thing that bothers me most about it is that you are basically making yourself feel better by pushing others around with your roll. Whether or not they are right to be annoyed based on poker logic is irrelevant. They are, you know they are, and that is why you are doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You would want a player to do this unless you played like a tight weak biotch because your wife has you by the balls... lol jk

There are plenty of over freerolls and free money on the net, wont worry about blowing the 10, and in the end lay down the law to you wife with a soild, "its my money bitch." Assumeing its ur money, otherwise call ur self a bitch.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:22 PM

I thought I was the only goof that wanted all their pokertracker stats in the green! I've recently been getting my .25NL and $1/$2 sh-limit into the black. I know it's counterproductive, but what the hell.

As for the player with $40K - maybe he beat a tournament and wanted to show off. I saw a post here a year or more ago where a player had $125k on a micro-limit game.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]