Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 05:13 PM

Default Re: I\'m done with 4-Tabling

[ QUOTE ]
All of you people that think playing four tables is +EV, keep on doing what your doing. Don't even think about changing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:13 PM

First 1600 hands, I am 14.5/6/2.8 with a PTBB of 29/100. Yes I know I'm running hot, but I like this style regardless. I just play like everyone is loose passive (which is reasonable at 25NL) and mark the guys who play more tight/aggresive. I also play very tight agaisnt a PFR which minimizes the tougher decisions.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:14 PM

its always funny when people post a winrate with a sample like 1600 hands. you could be at -30 BB/100 it still wouldnt really mean anything.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All of you people that think playing four tables is +EV, keep on doing what your doing. Don't even think about changing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this is sarcastic because you are really saying that you want all of us 4-tabling fish at your tables while you 1-table and kick our asses or if you are serious. In any case, I guarantee that I perform better playing 4-tables than I do playing 1. Probably optimal for me would be 2 or 3 tables from a pure play perspective, but I can't keep up that level of concentration that long. I'm sure from a pure earning perspective 4 tables is optimal for me given my current setup. I think if I had a nice computer setup I could easily 8 table NL100 6 max at this point and that would be more profitable than my current 4 tabling.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:17 PM

I don't see the humor in it but I do agree with you. I feel that I'm playing a winning game anyways.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither. I know I get bored and try to create action when I play fewer tables. This has been definitely -EV for me. With more tables, that just don't happen. I'll take his advice and won't think about changing...
Old 07-20-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
pathetic attempt of reverse psycology to reduce # of 2+2 multitablers.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:39 PM

I've found that I play my best with 2 tables up and no TV, BB/table-hour wise. However with 3 tables up I earn slightly less per table but overall make slightly more, with a 4th table the returns begin diminishing. Trouble is I find 2 tables very boring especially with the TV off and often find myself daydreaming, I guess my real problem is a short attention span. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't imagine playing 4 tables, NL full has too much info to miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
i play 2 tables max. there is so much info for u to observe there is no way u can get it all with more tables open.

u say u r tight, how tight r we talking if u think its a slow game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can't, but i am the exact opposite, i have a problem staying attentive, easily sidetracked, etc etc, if there is not almost an overload of sensory input.

it is only then, in high stress, high pressure situations, that i can make quality decisions. does anybody six table NL25? i just moved up from four to six.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this is sarcastic because you are really saying that you want all of us 4-tabling fish at your tables while you 1-table and kick our asses or if you are serious. In any case, I guarantee that I perform better playing 4-tables than I do playing 1. Probably optimal for me would be 2 or 3 tables from a pure play perspective, but I can't keep up that level of concentration that long. I'm sure from a pure earning perspective 4 tables is optimal for me given my current setup. I think if I had a nice computer setup I could easily 8 table NL100 6 max at this point and that would be more profitable than my current 4 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way, 4+ is my comfort level. When I first got my 2nd monitor, I thought i'd be 8-tabling non-stop, but i've learned that 8-tabling can be quite stressful, I usually play 6 while posting and listening to music. If I need to relax I just play 4 while browsing on the other screen.

That being said, i've always wondered what I would do at higher levels as paying attention to each player becomes crucial.