Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 03:27 PM

Default I\'m done with 4-Tabling

I'm jumping back down to just two 6Max 100NL tables on Party, and anywhere else for that matter. After about 20k hands of 4-tabling this level I only have a 1.5PTBB/100 which in my experience is pretty pathetic.

I got to thinking, what am I doing wrong? I am absolutely crushing the home games and poker rooms that I play in. I also do a heck of a lot better if I am playing in a tournament with nothing else open. With 4-Tables, I'm a bit too loose it seems, not watching who is weak/strong, what position I'm in, or picking up on betting patterns. Shame on me.

If it isn't obvious already, I consider myself a better player than most at these stakes. While four tabling I just don't think I get the best advantage that I can have while playing.

Thoughts? Comments?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: I\'m done with 4-Tabling

Personally, 4-tabling (as long as I'm not watching TV or talking on the phone also) actually helps my game and keeps me tight since I get less bored. If that's not the case for you, though, by all means drop tables.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:40 PM

I also find it easier to beat live games than internet games. If you are playing four tables then yeah, you probably are stretching yourself thin. It gets really hard to concentrate on each hand. I think you should try what you said about 2-tabling. It will be boring at first but you will be able to a better feel for each table.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:43 PM

Hell, I'm done 2-tabling... I was killing the Empire/Party Poker NL 1/2 for about 2 months and decided to start playing 2 tables. I gave back a significant part of my hard earned profit in about a week. Granted, a large part of it was simply terrible beats and bad luck, but I also know I play much better when completely focused on one table, at least in nl. Personally, I think I would rather move up in limits rather than play multiple tables.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:57 PM

I couldn't imagine playing less then 4 tables, NL full is so slow. THough I probably play tighter than most
Old 07-20-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't imagine playing 4 tables, NL full has too much info to miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
i play 2 tables max. there is so much info for u to observe there is no way u can get it all with more tables open.

u say u r tight, how tight r we talking if u think its a slow game?
Old 07-20-2005, 04:33 PM

I also get crushed when I 4-table. I'm much more successful 2-tabling 9- or 10-handed. It's difficult for me to concentrate throughout the course of the hand when you're in 4 games at once. And I hate having to act in 30 seconds too.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:47 PM

i don't suggest you go back to two tableing, especially six max games. Were you four tabling six max? If you want consistent earnings, with less stress, you should four (preferribly more) table 10 max tables, or if you like alot of action against donks, six-eight table the $50 tables. Just make sure you fold nearly anything but the very best hands, fold the small blind as much as you can, fold the big blind when raised without QJ or better.

The trick is to play in as few of the hands as possible, this leaves you focused on the hand or hands you have to play. you don't want four hands playing at the same time with JTos, 22, 89s, and have AA at another table. Be patient and don't be too stuborn as to not take take it to showdown.

Good luck
Old 07-20-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't imagine playing less then 4 tables, NL full is so slow. THough I probably play tighter than most

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree with this sentiment. Although I typically play PL, playing three or four tables is the only way to keep it interesting to me. Playing a single table, I play very loose due to boredom which is -EV for me.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:04 PM

Edit: post deleted for creating bad feelings.