Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Time to fold my two pair on the river?

If you folded to the first bet (when the board was 4 to a str8 and BB led after you capped, there wouldnt be odds to draw to the queen.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:04 PM

Hmm, I don't mind the flop raise but the 3-bet tells you where you stand so the cap is very agressive (maybe not bad, but aggressive).

The turn raises tell you you someone has a straight, so you know at this point you are playing for your gutshot, not two pair. I'm thinking you have 3 outs at most (assuming one of the other players has one of the Q's) You are getting 14:1 to call the first turn bet bet and 16:1 to call the second. So I guess those aren't good places to lay down, but when you don't hit on the river, I think you are done.

And yes, it's hard to fold at 22:1.

I'm often torn on river calls like this myself, so I'm interested to see what the concensus is...I'll go read what others have to say.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you folded to the first bet (when the board was 4 to a str8 and BB led after you capped, there wouldnt be odds to draw to the queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you fold there getting 15:1?
Old 07-23-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Eh, the more I look at it the more it seems like a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is getting 24-1 on the call. Are you really 96% sure we're beaten here?

If there was a time to fold, it was on the flop or the turn, not now, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I folded. I think against 4 opponents Im not good more than 4%.
On the flop I guess the cap is wrong.
Preflop. Why is it wrong to limp KJo in an unraised pot?
Old 07-23-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop. Why is it wrong to limp KJo in an unraised pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the prevailing wisdom is that you want to raise whenever there's one limper, to isolate him. However this doesn't exactly work at nanolimits where half the table will call anyway so I don't really see the point here.
Old 07-23-2005, 06:57 PM

Preflop: Good Call

Flop: Very coordinated flop, you could be going against a straight from here. I Agree with the first raise, but when BB 3-bets I am calling, not capping.

Turn: At this point, against this many opponents you would have to think that you are up against a straight, this leaves you with 4 outs (the Qs), and there is strong chance that someone also has a K so you will only split the pot a lot of the time when you do get the Q. Therfore I would count this as 3 outs. 3 outs means that you need 14 Bets in the pot to call, you have that. Two other things to consider, is it likely to get raised after you? and can you get more bets in on the River if you hit. I think that you are right at this point to assume that there will not be any bets behind you, as BB is the other aggressive player, and you could get more bets in on the river so, Call. Good play here.

River: You missed, but you got two pair, do you think that you have the best hand? I don't. However, I am not too sure, it could be that everyone else was drawing to something else and missed, and your 2 pair is good. Given the 24 bets in the pot, easy call.

Amy