Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Flop Two Pair, Check Raise, then Fold to a 3-Bet?

You should be checkraising there with holdings like A3 and 78

I am easily able to do this online but I am less willing to do this in live action. Which, is really ridiculous, since I was running over the table last night with so many uncalled hands, netting a 40 bet win. Most of my hands that WERE called were monsters.

It occurs to me that if I were less aggressive online (where they are hyperaggressive) and more aggressive in live play (where they are passive) then I'd really be improving my results in both places.

Usually when I C/R in live play from the blind, it means a good hand or a good draw. There are exceptions -- once I check-re-raised with middle pair but that was clearly the best hand at the time given the two opponents [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img].
Old 07-06-2003, 12:09 PM

Yes, this had occurred to me as well. If I had bet/3bet, he would have been the one with the (in my mind) hard decision.

I had intended to c/r b/c I thought one of the two MPs would bet, and didn't alter my plan when I should have with the button betting.
Old 07-06-2003, 12:37 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

if you did show your sets, then it 'could' make a stronger case for laying down.

if you got to see what he had, it's much better than if he didn't showdown [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] if i get bumped off a hand and see it, then i can adjust. much better than that gut wrench that lasts awhile after. (which is great to see in others who really want to see what you had, but you didnt have to show)

"I will be in Seattle the first weekend of August. Will PM you as the time draws closer."

sounds good. we could get some food and yap. maybe get MK out. i havent seen him in quite awhile.

b

be fun.

b
Old 07-06-2003, 01:01 PM

"he is a Thinking, Savvy Player."

I think there is a pretty good chance that he thinks your hand is weak when you check/raise, maybe something like 99, or a K with a bad kicker.

So I would call down. If your read on him is right the only weak hand he could have that you trail is K8s, right? 88 is a no brainer and 33 is a call unless he is very tight.
Old 07-06-2003, 01:27 PM

Not that my opinion carries much weight at all seeing as I am still in my embryonic stage of playing hold'em but shouldn't the MP cold-call stand as a bigger reason to fold than whatever the button may have been holding?
Old 07-06-2003, 01:37 PM

shouldn't the MP cold-call stand as a bigger reason to fold than whatever the button may have been holding?

This is a very valid question. Normally this would be a consideration, except MP was just horrible. She called every bet all the time but hardly ever showed a winner. I practically considered it dead money in the pot.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:07 PM

Only if the MP is a decent player, a real rarity. If he is, the range of hands to consider is similar to the button's in this situation.

-Mike
Old 07-07-2003, 11:08 AM

Default Results

He had K3s. Thus, I would have chopped the pot.
Old 07-07-2003, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Results

Man, that 2-5 structure lets the button limp with all sorts of stuff...