Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Re: 10 buy in downswing

Post some of the hands you got stacked in here.

If its any consolation i've been stacked 3 times in as many hours just now; all in as an 83% favourite, 80% favourite, and set over set. Which is pretty unlucky. It happens. I'm tilt prone though so im gonna take 24 hours off hence why im typing this and not steaming off more!
Old 07-16-2005, 09:53 PM

I went through a 12 buy-in losing streak last weekend. I went through every session. 8 sessions I busted out of were due simply to rotten luck. 3 others were when I had huge pot odds to call and missed (twice I had OESFD with overs with 3 all-ins before me). The other one was simply my own fault. On a flop of AA7 with rags following I got stacked by a laggy player when I had AQ and he had AK.

Variance sucks.

Take a break for a few days and come back to it. I didn't play for three days and now I am kicking butt once again.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
youre most likely playing badly.

[/ QUOTE ] I just wanted to know if a 10 buy in downswing is unheard of

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unheard of but they are almost always paired with poor play. I had a big downswing myself and came to realize it was becuase of several leaks.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:22 PM

it is possible, even if you are playing well. however, it is extremely unlikely that a 10buy downsing will be a cause of only bad luck. often, a good player might get on a cold run and lose 5-6 buyins from almost all beats/cold cards but then his play degrades over a series of breaks and losing weeks.

its possible you are on a 5-7 buyin downswing from beats/cards and a 3-5 downswing from tilt.

tilt doesnt alwaus strike us all after one beat in one session. some very good, tilt resistant players being to lose some ability after a very long, continuous (3k+ hand) downswing