Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 03:15 AM

Default Re: Queens with two aces on board

Well, he seems to have done one already dumb thing here: cold call Hero's PF raise. There is a very small range of hands I can see that being correct (AQs, KQs, 99-88), and even then a lot of players will three-bet instead.

Why is he making a move? He is betting for value. Let's say he sees UTG+1 as a relatively solid player and my read matches his. BB is a donk acting like a donk and probably has any two cards. Maybe MP2 has JJ-88 and was being a nit on the flop (or decided to wait for a safe turn) and decided to fire once he saw the turn. (I can not think of a sane hand from the pre-flop action that would have paired the T -- AT???)

Like I said, if Hero bet it would make MP2's action much more clear -- if he peels, he probably has middle pair and/or a flush draw. If he raises, he has at minimum trip As and you can safely fold the river UI. If he folds, throw a party.

-K
Old 07-11-2005, 03:30 AM

Why did you bet the flop and check/call the turn? You thought you were ahead of one ace, but behind two? The second ace makes it less likely your opponent has one. I bet out the turn and usually fold to a raise.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:36 AM

Bet the turn, then bet the river. Win lots of money.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet the flop and check/call the turn? You thought you were ahead of one ace, but behind two? The second ace makes it less likely your opponent has one. I bet out the turn and usually fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

hello hero has a FD too
Old 07-11-2005, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

so a decent tight player that hasn't done anything dumb is making a move here? for what reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's making a move after hero showed weakness by checking. This greatly increases a decent player's range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, I'm an idiot... completely missed that hero acted first in this. Got tunnel vision of mp2 donk-betting this turn [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2005, 03:49 AM

(probably redundant; I'm replying before reading other replies)
The turn actually helped you; it reduces the odds that you're beat by a third. Fire at the turn, but I'd probably just call if he raises in case he's slowplaying a flush.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:57 AM

I'd bet/call the turn. IF you were ahead you still are, same if you were behind, but you have the flush outs to see the river. Given my recommended line, what if you are raised on turn and led into on river? calls?
Old 07-11-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Too Conservative w/ Read on MP2?

So, I'm wondering if my read on MP2 is too conservative. I've never seen him before, and he just sat down, playing tightly preflop.

I'm wondering if I should assume whether or not he's a decent player at best, due to eventually finding otherwise after playing with him. But the most significant factor is recently I've read in SSH that you should assume that the game is loose until shown otherwise. Does this hold true for other players as well? How long do you have to sit with a guy before you start to zero in on a read, and what is your default read?

I've been respecting *individuals* unless shown evidence to the contrary. Now I'm wondering if I shouldn't respect individuals at these nanolimits until shown they know their stuff.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:53 PM

Uh... bet Turn. That Ace coming makes it less likely that someone else has one. If you get raised, then you might be in trouble. But you have to call. First, because after 10 hands you don't know if he's capable of raising scare cards or not, you still have the second-nut flush draw, and the two queen outs are clean (AQ raises this flop)
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44 PM

I bet out the turn and usually fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]hello hero has a FD too

[/ QUOTE ]LoL. Oh yes. There must have been a smudge on my monitor when I looked at it before.