Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: live 1/2 nl QQ hand (100$ max buy in)

[ QUOTE ]
I always bet the standard raise for the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean if the standard opener is $10, you'll make it $10 from any position with any number of limpers?
Old 07-11-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I always bet the standard raise for the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean if the standard opener is $10, you'll make it $10 from any position with any number of limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

no need for sarcasm! I know how to bet....now, at least. if u talked to me 2 months ago I'd have no clue and you'd laugh at me.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:32 PM

I thought you said you thought for a real long time on the turn with one green in your hand and were thinking about chunking it in there. (By the way, that seems to me like an excellent way to encourage him to put the rest of his stack in there and put you to a tough decision, no matter what his cards are. He probably doesn't interpret your ultimate check as a made nut flush that is thinking about the best way to get value. He probably interprets it for exactly what it was.)

But regardless, it doesn't matter what you bet on the prior street. There is nothing to gain by betting $50 when he has only $60 behind. Either put him in there or don't bet at all.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:36 PM

That's why I checked.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:36 PM

I still don't know what you meant by "I always bet the standard raise for the table". If you're opening for $15 because that's what other people are opening for, that's a terrible reason. If you're opening for $15 because that will usually get you the number of callers you'd like to get with a given hand based on what you've seen other people call other raise sizes with, that's a much better reason.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:39 PM

that's another unsure point. the standard was 10$, so i went for 15$...sometimes there's a 25$ raise and someone got 4 callers, and one point i raised to 10$ and got no callers.

It wasn't a tough table, but it was an uncertain table when it came time to bet to get HU.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:57 PM

Okay, a few things...

If you were first to act on the flop (which I missed before), then the SB wasn't one of the three who called your raise. So the pot wasn't $57 after the $3 rake. Were there any other limpers who folded that perhaps you forgot to mention?

See, it really helps to know what position these guys are in, how many were at the table, etc. I'm guessing that the "first guy to call" was under the gun or close to it, but maybe I'm wrong. And now I'm guessing that we have the CO and the button in the hand with us, but maybe I'm wrong there, too. This information would help. It changes the dynamics of the hand. The more people left to act after these callers, the more they like their hand (or so you'd think).

Also, how long had you been playing together? I see you ran your stack up nicely from the $100 buyin to $350+. Did any of these people pay you off? What kind of hands did you win? One or two big ones, or several smaller ones? In other words, what is your image at the table?

Have people in this game been raising from the BB when it's limped around to them? If so, have they taken the pot down? In other words, might they think you are on a steal?

Finally, I'm just going to say that if you have that much cushion above the buy-in, and everyone else in the hand is right at $100, I don't think you should worry too much about losing $100 with your queens on that flop. Sounds like you won't have much trouble getting it back if you lose, if you've been playing as well against them as your stack might indicate.