Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: 40k Breakeven stretch (stats/cry for help)

[ QUOTE ]
i think i still like my play in that hand. the turn bet was easier than the flop bet, dont you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was definitely good vs me without a read on you yet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. It may have been the best line possible. I was just pointing out that it caught my attension, because IMO most players would not have followed up the turn bet with TT here and 3 flop callers.

It basically made me adjust to thinking that I could not automatically give you credit on turn leads vs 3 players anymore. Also, made me wonder what other hands you would play strongly.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:59 PM

As far as I know, adding tables does nothing to affect per hand stats, only per hour stats. Are you suggesting otherwise or am I misreading your post?
Old 07-06-2005, 06:03 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
As far as I know, adding tables does nothing to affect per hand stats, only per hour stats. Are you suggesting otherwise or am I misreading your post?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are misreading his post. Gris is strong advocate of not 4-tabling on autopilot. Adding tables DOES affect your per hand stats because you are not as focused on each hand (presumably). Ie an expert player would have a much higher BB/100 playing 1 table than he would 4.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:17 PM

Checking the turn HU OOP most of the time is good IMO. That way, you can C/R when the donk bets at you if you have a good hand. This will also keep people from bluff-betting at you every time you check the turn.

Just a question for all the regulars, how often do you check a hand like AKs any random overcards when you are in position on the turn?
Old 07-06-2005, 07:10 PM

ive played with you a decent amount and i dont think there are any glaring holes in your game. i see you making mistakes now and then of course, but we all do. id be willing to bet a drop down to three tables would do a lot of good for your results. for what felt like a long time i was beating three 10 20 tables soundly but had bad results when i added a fourth.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:18 PM

Way too agro postflop.

A lot of 10/20 is inducing bluffs from aggressive opponents.

Typical situation might be you are in the BB agro guy raises preflop you call you hit some trash pair on the flop.

A lot of the time check/calling is the best play because they will bet their Ace all the way to the river.

Or even when you have control and an ace hits the turn dont bet/fold check/call. They nearly always bet regardless of what they have.

At 10/20 and above you will be amazed at how much bluffing goes on. I get shown busted draws on the river so many times.

You'll even get shown total trash from blind stealers, betting their 86o unimproved all the way cos they see you as a folder.