Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: 80/160 #2: 44

[ QUOTE ]
Why bet the turn against the kid who likes to makes moves? If you have to put more chips in here when you get checkraised, I think checking behind and calling a river bet is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 4 cards that make Nate play the board and the villain almost always having 6 additional outs, I disagree. I think he has to bet the turn.
Old 06-23-2005, 11:14 AM

two questions:

1) what do you do if he 4bets?

2) im assuming you check behind if he simply calls and checks but what about if it comes a J/T/8 and he bets. or a club and he bets?

-Barron
Old 06-23-2005, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
two questions:

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. He's aggressive, but not so aggressive IMO as to be putting in a 4-bet here a material amount of the time without the goods.

[ QUOTE ]
2) im assuming you check behind if he simply calls and checks but what about if it comes a J/T/8 and he bets. or a club and he bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably call if he bet the club but fold if he bet the straightening card.

Otherwise, I'm checking behind the river, unless a 4 comes, or I need to make a desperation play on a board pair.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Results

Opponent Hollywooded then folded.

This one is somewhat straightforward IMO. I probably have to at least call down, and because of my opponent's additional counterfeiting and/or straightening outs (something like JT/QJ/QT is not unlikely here), there's a large benefit from overrepresenting my hand some and getting him to fold a hand that is drawing very live against me. I also think there's at least some chance that my opponent has a 7 and will fold the winner; if I had say 88 instead a calldown might be better.

Also, I think I need to bet the turn for exactly the same reasons that I need to 3-bet the check-raise.
Old 06-23-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
two questions:

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold. He's aggressive, but not so aggressive IMO as to be putting in a 4-bet here a material amount of the time without the goods.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably call if he bet the club but fold if he bet the straightening card.

Otherwise, I'm checking behind the river, unless a 4 comes, or I need to make a desperation play on a board pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case i like it. since you're going to spend the 2 bets, its best to get it in while your hand is likely good, or at least a good candidate for folding a better one or one w/ outs against you.

-Barron
Old 06-23-2005, 05:22 PM

thats a bad flop for 44, if you did 3-bet and he did fold you should show it to him, then explain to him how wreckless he plays.