Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Turn raise semibluff?

But if they're good players the they're not going to completely alter the way they played against you because of what they saw in this one hand. They will still have stats on you that say whether you're a TAG or a "real" maniac. You can't fool pokertracker.

And the ones that don't have pokertracker probably won't see your call down with ace high beause they are multitabling and not watching the showdown. And those that aren't multitabling or don't have pokertracker may make a note on it, but they won't consider you a maniac after they've seen you play a few more hands and thus they won't "pay you off" more.

And like I said earlier the bad players simply won't think anything of it at all.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Turn raise semibluff?

In reply to Mr. Slater:

I don't really disagree with what you are saying. A couple points though: Not everybody uses pt. The most important: I am not really worried or trying to maximize my profits from people using PT and multitabling, although I think I am getting the best of them if they are multitabling and not paying close attention to the action at the table. The true idiots at these tables definitely do notice when you try to bluff them out of pots and get caught. Nobody likes being bluffed out of pots, but bad players take it personally. When you are busted, you will get action from these weaker players in the future. This happens nearly every session I play. Of course, sooner or later they start noticing that you are showing down strong hands and you don't get as much action. That is the nature of the game.

The good player who simply shrugs off your check raise bluff and pure bluff on the river and does not pay you off in the future is too good - to be avoided(there are very few of these players).