Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Arieh Takes The Bracelet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
inside draws??? what the fck were you watching pal????

[/ QUOTE ]

There was the Arieh 10-7 hand that he won with an inside straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
If that was the hand where Josh knocked out Van Nguyen, he had a double belly-buster.

I found it funny that you referred to Josh in the third person when replying to him, though. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2005, 09:59 AM

Last year vs. Harry Demetriou. There was an all-in called and when the cards were flipped up, there was an inside straight draw that was hit.

If I am mistaken, then I am, but I think that's the case.

In terms of calling two of these, I stand corrected, one of the inside draws I was referring to was open-ended - I botched that one.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Last year vs. Harry Demetriou. There was an all-in called and when the cards were flipped up, there was an inside straight draw that was hit.

If I am mistaken, then I am, but I think that's the case.

In terms of calling two of these, I stand corrected, one of the inside draws I was referring to was open-ended - I botched that one.

[/ QUOTE ]
He had a gutshot straight flush draw against Demetriou.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:11 AM

Then I must be corrected on that one as well.

Look, point being, this tourney or any other tourney is not gonna legitimize this guy. Im sure he's a good player to be in a good amount of them. I have just seen a variety of moves he made that worked out in his favor, in big pots, against terrible odds.

In terms of "that's just what you see on ESPN", well of course it's just what I see on ESPN!! I don't have the hole card camera for his other games, so I have to judge what I see.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have just seen a variety of moves he made that worked out in his favor, in big pots, against terrible odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you can't seem to accurately remember any of these pots you are talking about, it sounds to me more like someone that just didn't like him and wants to think that he is a bad poker player. Thing is... he isn't.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:22 AM

I made a mistake about those draws. But he still hit monster draws with 2 cards to come in one situation, and another with 1.

As for not liking him, I don't even know him.
Look my whole point here: He is good to have appeared in this many events and all, but my only view of what he has done is from that ME, and lady luck was pretty nice to him.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:26 AM

Default Re: arieh destroying $2000 PLO final table

That was Juanda before the RV guy beat him last year.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I made a mistake about those draws. But he still hit monster draws with 2 cards to come in one situation, and another with 1.

As for not liking him, I don't even know him.
Look my whole point here: He is good to have appeared in this many events and all, but my only view of what he has done is from that ME, and lady luck was pretty nice to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You still don't get it. What is Arieh supposed to do - only win hands where he has a better hand preflop? Of course he got lucky sometimes. Everyone gets lucky to get to a final table. Plain and simple.

Josh has proven himself over the last 5-10 yrs to be an extremely solid professional poker player. His second bracelet only confirms what many of us already knew.
Old 06-16-2005, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
woot, go Josh Arieh! It's a shame people are so quick to judge him based on a few remote instances. Are we all perfect little angels? Have any of us ever slipped up in our lives and looked like a jerk? Were ESPN cameras there to capture those moments? Not likely.

I was fortunate enough to meet Josh Arieh in person at the LV Airport back in May and he was a total gentleman. If you read his journal, he was running late for his flight. I did not know that, but I stopped him and asked for his autograph. He stopped, signed my button and said "Look I'm really sorry, I would stay and talk but I'm really late for my flight, my apologies. Take care." And off he ran. My family got on the tram and there he was. He turned around and talked with my niece and asked her a bunch of questions. He chatted it up with my family and apologized again for being in a rush. Now my family roots for Arieh, and it's great he won another bracelet.

Anyway, you have to keep in mind he grew up as a pool hustler. Of course he is going to talk some trash, and that's ok. I also blame ESPN for some editing and of course Norman Chad. NC is a total xxxxhead. enough about that noise...congrats Arieh!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a guy that thinks O.J. is innocent because he shook his hand and he seemed like a nice guy.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: arieh destroying $2000 PLO final table

[ QUOTE ]
haha I remember watching my friend play final table on a decent sized PLO tourney on stars, I think it was a 215 or something, and arieh was POUNDING on the table. absolutely steamrolled it, opening for pot every hand, everyone was giving him crap about how big his raise button was, he joked it was the only button he had. He won it, I remember emptyseat88 (fishman I think?) took second, my buddy busted around 7th trying to stand up to arieh. funny to watch though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's Arieh's handle on Stars?