Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   arieh destroying $2000 PLO final table (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=273764)

CCx 06-15-2005 08:57 PM

arieh destroying $2000 PLO final table

been following the hand-for-hand on cardplayer, he's been non-stop from the beginning - ridiculously aggressive, and since they were 5 handed he's been betting at and winning 80% of the pots

now 3-handed and he has such an enormous chiplead NOT winning the bracelet would be criminal

(insert obligatory "he's a prick" "bust this motherfu*ker" "hope he falls off the face of the earth" comments)

regardless what you may think of him (i dont have a problem with him for the record), he's putting on an absolute clinic

Stinglikeabee 06-15-2005 09:02 PM

Re: arieh destroying $2000 PLO final table

Yeah he's been doing well. I hope he wins.

Sponger15SB 06-15-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah he's been doing well. I hope he wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. He had a good chip lead at the start of the day and has been steamrolling everyone.

GL to him, he certainly has earned it.

BlackAces 06-15-2005 09:08 PM

"Hand 79 - Arieh has the button in seat 2, and before the cards are dealt, he blind raises to $25,000. Graham is now first to act, and he folds. Ferguson folds his cards as well, and Arieh collects the pot."

I love it.

CCx 06-15-2005 09:17 PM

Here are the official chip counts before heads-up play begins:

Josh Arieh - $878,000
Chris "Jesus" Ferguson - $339,000

Sponger15SB 06-15-2005 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Hand 79 - Arieh has the button in seat 2, and before the cards are dealt, he blind raises to $25,000. Graham is now first to act, and he folds. Ferguson folds his cards as well, and Arieh collects the pot."

I love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA oh my

RowdyZ 06-15-2005 09:22 PM

Personally I am hoping that Jesus ( a true gentleman of the game) comesback and beat him. It would really take him down a peg or two to lose after such a huge chip lead. Arieh trys to post he is misunderstood and a victim of bad editing by ESPN but that was him making an ass of himself last year in the Main Event on several occasions and from what I have read in Cardplayer from this and an earlier tournament he is up to his same old tricks.

RZ

Jordan Olsommer 06-15-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally I am hoping that Jesus ( a true gentleman of the game) comesback and beat him. It would really take him down a peg or two to lose after such a huge chip lead. Arieh trys to post he is misunderstood and a victim of bad editing by ESPN but that was him making an ass of himself last year in the Main Event on several occasions and from what I have read in Cardplayer from this and an earlier tournament he is up to his same old tricks.

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know the guy, so I can't say whether he's a nice guy or not, but that can't be entirely due to an ESPN conspiracy - they can't edit in anything that didn't actually happen (they can edit in such a way as to give implications of things that didn't happen, but you can't edit someone saying "a**hole" - they either said it or they didn't).

Or if someone still thinks that ESPN was 100% responsible for making him look like a prick, think of it this way: if the producers went totally out of their way and made every effort to create a segment called "The Worst of Dan Harrington", do you honestly think it would be anywhere near as bad?

splashthepot 06-15-2005 09:45 PM

could you post the cardplayer link?

CCx 06-15-2005 09:46 PM

linky linky