Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2005, 08:16 PM

Default Re: I am an impulsive schmuck

As far as making bad posts, this IS microlimit and If I didnt need the advice with such bad posts i wouldnt be here id probably be playing higherstakes which i obviously am not ready for. I will have many more questions on what may seem like easy decisions as I am a microlimit player, maybe its time u move up. As for posting this thread maybe it was a bad idea to just share my mistakes with u guys, as maybe this was a waste of space, I was just amazed at my bad decisions. Also, do u expect to be challenged by every micro limit question? I really have taken alot of heat from people in this forum so I will cut down on my posts.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought u meant b4 the flop, its hardly an OP on a regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was actually Greg's suggestion originally, but I agree with it. I don't see any point in raising preflop here but I do want to bet this irregular flop.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have been having brain farts all day didnt even think about outs, plus the allin. argh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not thinking about outs does not constitute a brain fart. That is simply not even playing the game. That's like saying "I don't know how big the pot was, I wasn't paying attention." That's horrible, horrible. It's not awful poker because it's not poker. Yuck.

Save the 3-betting and folding to a cap until you have some more experience.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as making bad posts, this IS microlimit and If I didnt need the advice with such bad posts i wouldnt be here id probably be playing higherstakes which i obviously am not ready for. I will have many more questions on what may seem like easy decisions as I am a microlimit player, maybe its time u move up. As for posting this thread maybe it was a bad idea to just share my mistakes with u guys, as maybe this was a waste of space, I was just amazed at my bad decisions. Also, do u expect to be challenged by every micro limit question? I really have taken alot of heat from people in this forum so I will cut down on my posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about how fast you can "moveup" playing limits, it's about developing good poker skills/habits. As described in Entity's preflop hatred post (although I am not one of them), most of the pooh-bahs/carpal tunnels that are regulars here (entity, shillx, grunchcan, mmbt0ne, davelin are a couple that come to mind) aren't here because they are playing .5/1 and 1/2 limits. I'm currently playing 2/4 full ring and just beginning 1/2 6max. I frequent microlimit, small stakes, and have just begun looking at heads-up/shorthanded -- and I plan to keep posting in all of these forums even if I end up playing 15/30 or 30/60 a couple months/years down the road.

Granted, we all post hands that we realize exactly how/where we [censored] up but need encouragement to reinforce ourselves, make some garbage post about bad beat/nice run/royal flush, and sometimes we post good hands that warrant good discussion. That's totally cool, but I feel like your useful posts are too few and far between, though, as there isn't much to be learned/discussed from them by the community, and you are bumping off posts by other members.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:50 PM

I am new to the forum and will try and make more appropriate posts for discussion. As for bumping others posts i didn't think of that aspect and apologize to those players.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am new to the forum and will try and make more appropriate posts for discussion. As for bumping others posts i didn't think of that aspect and apologize to those players.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 2+2 forums have been booming significantly (I think I was one of the first that joined during the start), so you'll frequently find posts that were created probably an hour ago and might have already disappeared off the front page, so as an effort to try to keep the content high, all I ask is that you try to think about it yourself first, and if you really feel lost, then post - also, you can try consolidating a couple hands into one big post, and replying to what you feel might have been the correct play in someone else's thread.

Also, search for mmbt0ne's carpal tunnel or pooh-bah dissertation, which is a collection of microlimit posts, featuring many of the high stakes regulars like joe tall, guyontilt, and even some stuff by ed miller when they were down here a while ago. Lotta helpful info in there too.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, search for mmbt0ne's carpal tunnel or pooh-bah dissertation, which is a collection of microlimit posts,

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to search. Great suggestion aK13. I think every newbie should read this work.

Microlimit Collection
Old 06-16-2005, 02:14 AM

As far as posting goes, maybe you should comment on other hands, how you would play a given street and why. The why is the most important part. For myself, I have given reasons for how I would act. Maybe I don't express myself well, but the Poo-bahs and Carpal-Tunnels seem to be able to cut thru that and make things clearer. Really, they aren't giving attitude; they are giving the benefit of their experience. I hope they don't feel that my way of expresing myself is attitude. I know that sometimes my written word may come off that way. That's the problem with bulletin boards. Inflection is lost with electrons.

As for my advice to you, think about dropping down in limits. There's no shame in that. Work on improving your game. I have found a home at .25/.50. The game is profitable and not as ego-shattering if you run bad for a while. I have b/r enough for .50/1 and will do so when I have $500 for the Party $100 bonus. I will make forays into .50/1 at paradise but stay with the plan.

Read the forums, participate, argue your point as you would with a college professor. Your logic will be validated or corrected. The tuition is the best part. It's free! Where else, besides at the tables could you get these lessons. Oh yes, get the 2+2 books. Read them over and over. They're among the best you can buy and cheap for the lifelong learning they give.

Good luck to you.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:22 AM

I think my brain exploded, kinda like when Spock tricked the androids in Star Trek, on hand 2. Does not compute.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:25 AM

Please explain how you were so sure you were behind in both hands.