Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2003, 02:06 AM

Default Re: PokerSpot CEO 2nd in chips at the WSOP

Just pretend he's a cat and get out the tree shreader

HMMMM.. i'll let this slide cuz you are my american idol buddy.

(however, i think this would be a riot if all the pokerspot accountholders were sweating the final table)

i hope he scores snowbird, but do you think he would pay up if he did? wait for the "i was backed, it is not my money" excuse.

Old 05-23-2003, 02:11 AM

Default Re: PokerSpot CEO 2nd in chips at the WSOP

Russ not paying would not surprise me at all, but I hope to catch him at weak moment.

MS Sunshine
Old 05-23-2003, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Sue him

If not, you couldn't establish venue in Clark County. Venue is pretty much limited to where the defendant resides or where the cause of action accrued.

venue is overseas methinks. also, i'm not sure if i would march into the courthouse to file for a judgement against a site that my activities may or may not be construed as illegal. also, the potential for a larger tax liability than the 56k probably exists as well.

i suspect that this is a couple of the MANY reasons why MS has taken his lumps, and just hoped that one day the 56k would be paid. RB is a defiant fuk that seems to have no remorse, and actually seems vengeful to those he owes.

why he is such a prick to those he owes money to is beyond me.

Old 05-23-2003, 06:23 AM

Default Re: 50k?????

If he finishs at the final table, I'd leak the story to the press. Maybe a little pressure on him and his pride to pay some of his poker debts wouldn't be a bad thing.
Either that or put out a PR news release on the news wires ( cost about $1000 ) that way if any reporter looks for news about wsop they will see your story.

Header of release on final day could read:
"Online poker players driving miles to Vegas looking for $$"

And if I see you at any short handed game I will be running.
Good luck collecting.

Instinct
Old 05-23-2003, 09:05 PM

Sorry bud, but I disagree ... What you are trying to describe is subject matter jurisdiction, not venue. He is found in Nevada and so would his prize money if he won any. He is subject to personal jurisdiction, no doubt. Clark County is the proper venue as that is where his $$ are.

Nevada state court might not have subject matter jurisdiction, but that is a different matter. I would expect a federal substantive claim could lie.... The substantive claim could be fraud, perhaps wire fraud (federal) as Ms Sunshine lives in the US) and the action could seek to seize his assets, i.e. his $10K entry fee and its proceeds.
Old 05-23-2003, 09:17 PM

Default What an Incredible bunch of fish,, suckers and crybabies ...

The guy takes people for thousands by fraud and his victims are rooting for him to win and .... maybe, just maybe toss them a bone ... FAT CHANCE.

I cannot believe what I am reading. I had a lot more respect for you guys before this. Sorry, the guy owes you money and hasn't paid.

Hello ... IF HE WINS ANY HE WON'T PAY YOU AGAIN.

You might as well hope he gets hit by a bus or chokes on a comp meal because wishing/whining won't get you any money..

Unless you hammer him you are NOT going to EVER get any money. This grovelling about "gee I hope wins" is disgusting .. Sorry, you get zero sympathy for any more whining about how you were defrauded.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:26 PM

You are going to have all kinds of problems here.

Maybe this deserves its own thread, but one of the risks of online poker is the integrity of the room sponsor. I am fairly confident that you are going to run into all kinds of "gambling debts are not enforceable" problems in legal actions to collect. This is why your bank won't let you fund your account with your VISA/Mastercard.

And beyond enforceability, I think you also have "credit" issues, although these online cardrooms are gushing so much money (really guys, .50 a hand rake is way more than enough profit), that it seems hard to believe that any of them will go broke/bankrupt any time soon.

I tried to get in touch with "NetTeller" when I had $1500 on deposit with them, and never did find a single thing about their "bricks and mortar" life. The domain name is registered to someone called Smythwyck, or something similar, on the second floor of some address in Toronto.

I like online poker, but I would get very nervous to build up a five figure balance over there.

I would be interested in starting/backing/finding/playing in a room with rakes more in line with actual costs.
Old 05-23-2003, 11:29 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The number is $56,838. My wife and I played short handed $20-40 for several months after Russ came out with a payment plan. We just kept winning. Finally it was just bosox and us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean he f.ex made a payment plan 10% on the dollar, so what you actually were playing was 2-4 and now you want to get paid 10 fold that?
Old 05-24-2003, 03:04 AM

Default Re: What an Incredible bunch of fish,, suckers and crybabies ...

I thought this exact same thing. This guy could win $10 Million and I doubt MS Sunshine would see any of his $50K.

Like someone said, $50K is a lot of money. I'd be putting this guy on a monthly payment plan, and my buddy Guido would keep those payments coming on time.

Old 05-24-2003, 03:02 PM

We were playing $20-40 and he was to pay the complete amount off, but in installments, 20% each month until it was completely paid off.

MS Sunshine