Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Why are you Americans so focused on race?

Forget race. I can't wait til we get back to judging people on the basis of country of origin.

Goddamn motherfucking Itis.

[ QUOTE ]
There is actually some truth to what he is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Racism has been a prevalent part of human nature for at least the past 3000 years. I think that it's ridiculous to say that it could possibly even diminish over the course of 2 generations.

[ QUOTE ]

Idiot.

EDIT:
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah after one year in college,

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I started laughing after I read that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, you go to a Catholic/Jesuit school. The foundation of your knowledge source is a flawed religion. I take TBach's education over yours anyday (note: not meant as a shot at TB, just making the point that HighSchool > (is more knowledgeable than) Church)
Old 06-11-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So much seems to surround around race, even the word interracial like in interacial marriages. Who the f... cares if a couple has the same race or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am white with a Vietnamese girlfriend. Both Showcase Cinemas and Loews Cineplexes refuse to let us see movies together.

If we go to a McDonalds, we are forced to sit at different tables, and for some reason we have to order different meals.

No apartment complex in the contiguous 48 will let us live in the same building, let alone same apartment.

If I smoke cigarettes she is not allowed to inhale the smoke. That one bothers me the most.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You think it even remotely increases or decreases the chance of success? [ QUOTE ]
yes

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said
Old 06-11-2005, 08:26 PM

A lot of it is relentless, opportunistic media hype, too. It's easy to fill up airwaves with, and keeps us manageable and well opiated with bread and circuses.

Americans aren't even close to unique when it comes to racial prejudice, or close to the worst country or set of cultures about it. Though it makes a much better story to say that it is.

There are demagogues who make whole careers out of this stuff, and its bread and butter for the media who cover them. Notice the footage of Jesse Jackson at the Michael Jackson trial lately? Poor Al Sharpton, he must be losing his touch, letting Jesse beat him out. Hope he doesn't lose any sponsors!
Old 06-11-2005, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So much seems to surround around race, even the word interracial like in interacial marriages. Who the f... cares if a couple has the same race or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am white with a Vietnamese girlfriend. Both Showcase Cinemas and Loews Cineplexes refuse to let us see movies together.

If we go to a McDonalds, we are forced to sit at different tables, and for some reason we have to order different meals.

No apartment complex in the contiguous 48 will let us live in the same building, let alone same apartment.

If I smoke cigarettes she is not allowed to inhale the smoke. That one bothers me the most.

[/ QUOTE ]
blah blah blah, you got any pics of her?
Old 06-11-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you are joking [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Imagine a place like that...
Old 06-11-2005, 08:30 PM

I just meant that it's funny how many people think that after their first year of college, their eyes have been opened and now they know everything.

[ QUOTE ]
The foundation of your knowledge source is a flawed religion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? First of all, christianity isn't the "foundation of my knowledge source" (and I'm not even going to get into how nonsensical that phrase was), and secondly, I don't see how anyone could possibly call it a flawed religion without calling all religions flawed.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is actually some truth to what he is saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Racism has been a prevalent part of human nature for at least the past 3000 years. I think that it's ridiculous to say that it could possibly even diminish over the course of 2 generations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aceeptance of homosexuality has significantly increased within the past 50 years (2 generations).

Saying social change towards racism can't occur in that time period is absurd.