Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 01:47 AM

Default Re: Betting Out from the BB in a Small, Unraised Pot

To be brief, it sounds like the guys you're up against bet and call too much. Quite often the guys I see who fit this description will draw to second pair. Taking stabs at pots like this (out of position) too often makes their loose calls correct. I prefer to swim downstream by value betting and re-stealing. I find that being the first guy into these pots online just doesn't get much respect.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 - Bet. He might fold a better hand and he'll pay you off it the flush hits.

2 - Check/fold. This opponent won't fold, so no reason to semibluff with ISD.

3 - Bet. You could have as many as 11 outs. With opponents who will pay off.

4 - Yuck. Check/fold flop, if you get a free card, take a shot on turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do exactly the same. For Hand 1, whether to bet again on the turn is player-dependent. For Hand 3, I bet again on the turn if a Q, J, or diamond appears.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a situation where I think I may not be aggressive enough. 1 or 2 limpers and no small blind, or 1 limper and the small blind, and you're in the BB with some marginal holding and get to see a free flop. How often are you betting out here?

Please share what you would do in this situation and what your plan for the hand is (like if you bet the flop and get 1 caller, do you fire again on the turn?). Also, include of the read on the player would make you change from one action to another.

Hand 1 - UTG+1 open limps. He's slightly loose and slightly passive, basically a call station but with some aggression. Never seen him to anything tricky.

Your hand: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hand 2 - UTG limps, button limps. UTG is VERY loose and aggressive. He likes to keep the lead in a hand, however when other players are aggressive postflop, he will back down. His hand is probably pretty poor to open limp, even UTG. Button is relatively unknown, he's only been at the table a short period of time and has done nothing notable.

Your hand: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hand 3 - UTG+2 open limps, SB completes. He is your basic calling station, rarely shows aggression not too loose both pre and post though. SB is also a garden-variety calling station.

Your hand: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Flop: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hand 4 - UTG+1 open limps, SB completes. UTG+1 is slightly loose and aggressive. Not a bad player, but too aggressive in the wrong spots and plays a few too many hands. SB is super loose and super passive. We love the SB.

Your hand: A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Flop: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Thanks for taking the time to answer these. Feel free to post any other hands, ideas, thoughts, or questions about this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

1=bet
2=c/f
3=bet
4=c/f