Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: WSOP 2nd chance tournaments

Thanks for the info scott, are they running alot of satellites? That structure sounds 10x better than the WSOP circuit $65 satellites which were 300 starting chips, 5/15, 10/25, 25/50 structure.

mlagoo,
When I played the satellites at the WSOP circuit, there really wasn't any stalling. Sometimes someone would ask how much time was left in the level, but I didn't see any deliberate stalling
Old 06-07-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played the $65 satellite and it was 1000 in chips and 25/25 blinds, 15 min levels.. I belive the $165 or $175 one you start with 2000, same levels...

[/ QUOTE ]
It's $175 and you start with 1000 chips and the levels increase every 15 minutes. Winner gets 3-500 chips and $120. Consider making deals if you get down 3 way. Essential if 2 way unless you've got a massive stack. The blinds increase rapidly and they become a bit of a crapshoot.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info scott, are they running alot of satellites? That structure sounds 10x better than the WSOP circuit $65 satellites which were 300 starting chips, 5/15, 10/25, 25/50 structure.

mlagoo,
When I played the satellites at the WSOP circuit, there really wasn't any stalling. Sometimes someone would ask how much time was left in the level, but I didn't see any deliberate stalling

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah pretty much ran all the time during event #3 (and #2 once tables freed up) - they ran $65 ones, $175 ones, and $500 ones, plus $50 satellite to the supersatellite for the Main Event.. plus lots of cash games....

If your going out there, I'd reccomend staying at the Rio, makes life so much easier
Old 06-07-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

mlagoo,

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah pretty much ran all the time during event #3 (and #2 once tables freed up) - they ran $65 ones, $175 ones, and $500 ones, plus $50 satellite to the supersatellite for the Main Event.. plus lots of cash games....

If your going out there, I'd reccomend staying at the Rio, makes life so much easier

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an extra $170 for me to stay at the Rio, and the Gold Coast is only .4 miles down the block from the Rio and accross the street from the palms. I'm sure I'm underestimating a .4 mile walk. Is this area safe in general? I've never been to vegas
Old 06-07-2005, 02:37 PM

Yes, yes, I believe that I did. He went out third if it is the same guy. I offered to chop three ways with him and another fellow but he was adamant that he was going to destroy everyone and didn't want to chop. There was also a young kid that was pretty loud and had a hat but I wouldn't call him obnoxious. I busted him also so either way I think I got your man.

Vince
Old 06-07-2005, 02:38 PM

it will probably be closer from the Gold Coast to the entrance of the Rio than from the entrance of the Rio to where they are having the WSOP.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:40 PM

third place was a guy named andy in a raiders hat. He's the one that had AK on my 99 hand. He was to your left in the 10 seat at the 2nd to last table. He was pretty terrible. He limped w/ KTo on the bubble w/ 7xBB UTG. Need i say more?
Old 06-07-2005, 02:45 PM

Yes, that was him. He was not very friendly when we got to 3 players and was indeed a pretty bad player. He made some very bad all-in calls with very weak hands. He whined about his poor luck too. But thinking about it I can't say that he was obnoxious. I was wrong about that.

Vince
Old 06-07-2005, 04:44 PM

Do you guys think the $2000 will sell out? As of now, I plan on arriving on 6/27 Monday around noon, and I will try to play some satellites as soon as I get there. Is that cutting it too close?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
third place was a guy named andy in a raiders hat. He's the one that had AK on my 99 hand. He was to your left in the 10 seat at the 2nd to last table. He was pretty terrible. He limped w/ KTo on the bubble w/ 7xBB UTG. Need i say more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Soss - did you end up coming to the Rio buffet before #2? I was there with a buddy from Detroit but don't remember meeting you..