Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2005, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Need to learn to mix play up?

V$P 25-28 sounds WAY WAY loose but I'm at a higher level - still - that's pretty fishy at any level.

ROCKS lose - every guy in PT that I have (100,000 hands) that is a ROCK is also losing money.

Mixing it up - I don't think this is a good idea and if you think people are paying THAT mutch attention to you . . . .well, they aren't.

Where do you play? UKPoker? hmmmmm Perhaps it MIGHT be too small.

What I would do is make sure if you are 1st to act - raise in instead of limping in. Instead of limping in with A5s in the middle - raise in. Or raise in qith Q9s in the middle instead of limping in if 1st to act.

OR - go to another site.

Grinders Warehouse BLOG Edition
Old 06-01-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok so at my site ive got a reputation [at 0.10-0.20].

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt that. The vast majority of your opponents are mesmerized by their own cards. Table image isn't usually a significant factor at 20 times the stakes.

Even if someone is calling you a rock, that doesn't mean he is changing his play appropriately. Someone criticized my play at a NL table, saying I was a coward who only played AA, KK, and AK. (My VP$IP at that table was about 25%, lower than the table average by a factor of 3.) Then I raised UTG, and the complainer reraised all-in for 10 times the pot with AJ.

[ QUOTE ]
ANyhow, Do you guys find your "predictable"? Do you care?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think I am predictable. I play tightly, but when I bet on a flop of J94, I could have AK, KK, or JJ. When I bet an ace-high flop, I could have AK, QQ, or 76. When people start adjusting correctly, I might start to worry, but there really isn't much anyone can do to foil tight, aggressive play.

[ QUOTE ]

Trouble is blind stealing works occasionaly, But I have some calling stations whom foil my attempts.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't try to bluff calling stations, but don't think of betting on the flop with AQ unimproved as bluffing.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:12 AM

Hi guys,

Currently experiencing "varience"(bad cards/Good cards missing flops Etc) , Having had a nice run of $20.54 Over 3428 Hands Varience is hitting me, I'm down by $6 in past 2days(60BB).

The guys i play with i see daily, When i join a table i see atleast 3 players i know/Played before lots/Have notes on.

I'm pretty sure most know how i play, So moving site will be a wise move soon.

Playing 25- 28% of hands is loose?! I'm following the SSH tight chart, Can i get any tighter?

I adjust to the games, If they are loose i may play a few more hands in late position etc but i didn't think id be called loose?

Pokertracker will tell me i suppose, But have to move a supported site and purchase/Play 10 000 hands before i know.

I guyess ill stick to my current game then and wont adjust to much, This varience im getting lately is horrible but ill "ride it out".

Thanks all.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 25- 28% of hands is loose?!

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends in you are talking VPIP or if you are including big blind hands. If you include big blind hands, %25-%28 ok for a passive 10 person game since 10% of your hands are from the big blind.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Playing 25- 28% of hands is loose?!

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends in you are talking VPIP or if you are including big blind hands. If you include big blind hands, %25-%28 ok for a passive 10 person game since 10% of your hands are from the big blind.

[/ QUOTE ]

His reported numbers are not VPIP, they're Flop Seen % I'm pretty sure so his VPIP is probably right in line. PokerTracker will clear that the rest of the way up.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:33 PM

yeh its flop seens (So thats SB/BB)

Thanks.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:11 PM

I'd say play at a bigger site, though I'm having trouble believing that there are any sites where many opponents at the level you play actually pay attention.