Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Re: SSHE Hand Quiz - Flop Play Q#10

I agree you probably have the best hand currently, but your opponents have tons of outs against you making your edge pretty small. I'm wondering if coupled with your very slight edge on the flop if it wouldn't be better to wait to the turn where you might be able to exploit a larger edge later. If someone bets into you when a blank rolls off you can face at least part of the field with two double sized bets. If you end up giving a free card with your check that allows someone to draw out on you..they were going to draw out on you anyway and they would have easily had the odds to do so given it was 12 to 1.

So why not just wait for the blank on the turn? The pot will be 6 big bets after you check. If the person to your right bets it, you get to raise and face everyone with calling two cold. If the chance of someone betting into you goes up at all it seems like it could be smart.

Granted if everyone is just going to check to you and you bet again, then all you're doing is missing bets. That's sort of my question.