Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: KK 40-80 question

"i am still kind of pissed at shemps argument he made in a thread of mine a little while ago."

what did he say? link? he pisses me off too pretty often. when im looking to read the negative slant on things i turn to his posts.

"it makes more sense to push them further away from the equilibrium of correct play into more craziness, by slowing them down you bring them closer on that scale to playing correctly."

that is the 2+2 argument, play quick when you can because you dont want the fish to know youre thinking and serious. but in other places they say a solid tight image is the best to have. contradiction.
Old 05-27-2005, 06:12 PM

imo it is not a contradiction, a solid tight image is good against the right people and against different people acting loose and unthinking is right.

against people that make folds and are tight you can act solid, because these people are inclined to make bad folds already, by acting solid you push them further to that side and make them make even more bad folds. if you act loose against them, they stop making those bad folds and you make them play correctly.

against loose crazy players, these people call too much and give too much action. when you act loose and crazy they will continue to do this, or even act even crazier and looser against you. if you act solid against these people you will start to make them make less mistakes.

shemp thingy
Old 05-27-2005, 09:27 PM

yes i agree it definietly depends. however they dont really make that distinction.

as for shemp i saw he said this: "6 handed is practically shorthanded. Once it gets folded to cutoff, it is shorthanded." and that's incredibly stupid. he needs to go back and read the shorthanded section of hpfap and see how 6 handed folded to the cutoff is nowhere the same as 3-4 handed (truly short) action on the cutoff.

i wouldve bet the river there.
Old 05-28-2005, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he needs to go back and read the shorthanded section of hpfap and see how 6 handed folded to the cutoff is nowhere the same as 3-4 handed (truly short) action on the cutoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please enlighten us on what page this fantastic sentiment is expressed.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:22 AM

I would never fold this hand for some silly stupid reason in a limit game.

Call down..
Old 05-28-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: result brings up another question

me: "There are times to laydown but if you never laid down a reasonable hand in a big pot on the river for one bet it would at most be a small leak in your overall game."

bruiser: "i disagree, everyones definition of "reasonable hand in a big pot" is different, i see no reason why by some or a lot of peoples definitions it can't be a big leak. besides so what, mike l. plays high stakes, he shoudl work on every part of his game and become a great player"

I assumed the player otherwise had no leaks, although in practice one leak leads to another. So in this sense you are very correct.

~ Rick
Old 05-28-2005, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as for shemp i saw he said this: "6 handed is practically shorthanded. Once it gets folded to cutoff, it is shorthanded." and that's incredibly stupid. he needs to go back and read the shorthanded section of hpfap and see how 6 handed folded to the cutoff is nowhere the same as 3-4 handed (truly short) action on the cutoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alas, while interrogating morons at Abu Ghraib, I flushed my copy of hefap town the toilet. My memory of the shorthanded section is limited to the thought, "not good." But I too would like to know the refutation of the incredibly stupid idea that a 6 handed game folded to the cut-off is typically played like a 4 handed game. Note also that I allowed that that specific table might have been different...