Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Knowing you are ready (cross posted in micro)

[ QUOTE ]
I had like 1000 posts before I was done with .5/1, so I knew I had learned SOMETHING in all that time. I had a bankroll from hell from bonus whoring, a good winrate, and a desire to learn more. so, I moved up. plus, I knew I could always move back down.

[/ QUOTE ]

So 150 posts and I'm good to go! Off to OOT [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously though, thanks for the insight. I'm sure I've learned a few things over the past 6 months.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
has anybody else noticed cdc's posts have generally sucked as of late?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - more humour than content lately. They have been great in the past though...so I still read them just in case.

Liam
Old 05-26-2005, 12:42 AM

Other than winrate, and knowing that somehow my stats fall into the averages outlined here, are there any specific statistics I should be looking at, or are the stats just that, stats?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:55 AM

Honestly, this sounds like the exact sort of time to move up or least give it a solid shot. You really just need to jump and try it or you never will. You sound ridiculously riskadverse with all of this analyzing which can be good, but right now you should just be diving in. I wouldn't even move down if I were you even if you run bad because that will most likely teach you lessons faster, but I guess it never killed anyone to go back down again. This post probably is useless and listening to a guy with a severly negative BB/100 at 3/6 may not be smart afterall.

Finally, I highly suggest not skipping 1/2. Play 9max because it is soft and play 6max because you will learn a lot about HU and raising a lot pf, isolation and such.