Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Thoughs on the spread or total of the det/mia game tonight?

made three huge plays last second
MIAMI U 91.5
U 178
DET +5

screamed NO NO NO
ah [censored]

edit: forgot about censors
Old 05-25-2005, 11:10 PM

DWYANE WADE!! NOOO!!!!

I had Under 178, and it was good, until Wade made that dunk with ONE SECOND ON THE CLOCK!!!

So I got a Push, get my money back. But I could have WON MONEY!!!

DWYANE WADE SCREWED ME OVER!!! (and my brother)

But hey, at least I didn't lose money. And I won a little on the little bit I bet on Miami to win. But man, I could have had even more if it wasn't for that pointless dunk. No defender within 20 feet and the clock running out. Unbelievable.

I really gotta stop gambling...
Old 05-25-2005, 11:25 PM

WTF was he thinking, dunking with 1 second left?!? If Detroit has any pride, they should knock him around in the next game, for that shameless display.

Sucks for all of us here that lost a buncha money, or even just lost out on some wins. I had some parlays that woulda hit BIG! I did manage okay, since the Miami side hit, and I jumped the gun on the Under and got it early at 179, but my sympathies are with those who didn't. D-Wade jobbed you.

Let's discuss plays by the night before the game if we can, and jump on the early lines. They seem to move against us big-time.

Do we still like the Over in Pho-SA, even though it's freaking 214 now? Thinking yes...

Let's discuss it in the Phoenix-San Antonio Thread!
Old 05-25-2005, 11:32 PM

i think i'd like to have the last 3 hours of my life back.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:41 PM

I think my brother is on tilt. I am too! Grrrr! Wade is so selfish and classless! At least this isnt poker. In poker, going on tilt can ruin you because you can still play hands. I can take a few hours(or days) with sports betting. Talk about a bad beat! That was a suck out on the River with a 1 outer.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:16 AM

In addition to having the Under at 177 1/2, I also had Miami -1 1/2 at the end of Q1. Of course they were up by one, it set the tone for the night.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:47 AM

I feel your pain, guys. I went on tilt last night.

I had big plays last night on Pho -2 at halftime...Pho wins by 1, of course. Big teaser on Pho +0.5 and Over 204.5. Over easy money the whole game, and Pho easily ahead in the 2nd half, Duncan in foul trouble, Pho just gives it away in the 4th. The painful part is that it really looks like you're gonna win, and then it just gets taken away from you!

My only advice - if you are on tilt from tonight's game, don't go play poker in the wrong frame of mind! It can be very costly!

Best wishes to all.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:11 AM

lol thanks for the advice.

I wasn't really on tilt. just kidding. I think my brother really was though. I'm playing poker now and doing very well, although it's at the lowly .25/.50 level lol
Old 05-26-2005, 04:05 AM

LOL bro I wasn't on tilt. More shocked than anything. After the missed shot and the ball got knocked away I thought it was a done deal, but then Wade gets it and accelerates into the open floor and I knew it was over for us lol.

It's funny cause I placed the bet 11 PST. From now on I'm betting O/U lines first thing in the morning!

Thing is, I like the Under next game also, depending on the line. There's no way Detroit is giving up 90 points at home, and I don't think Detroit can do it vs. Miami's defense. So I'll probably bet the Under next game as well.

Congrats to you guys that got the bet in at 179 or 180!
Old 05-26-2005, 05:49 AM

I'm with you. Take the lines ASAP, even several days in advance.

I like the Under also. Det goes home, should play more inspired D. Less sloppy offense, cutting down on all Mia's transition baskets last night. Should contain Wade once more, will not get 40 again. For all the Pistons' much talked-about defensive prowess, Miami has been shooting above 46%. Det will need to cut that down.

Line is 177-177.5 right now, and I think I'll just take it. Don't want to risk it dropping even more, where it might get untakeable.

I'm also on the Pistons to win. They were completely horrible last night, and still looked like they might pull it off. Going back home and reinvigorating their D, they should punk Miami on Sunday. Rumor has it they will also knock Wade flat on his @$$ for the unnecessary showoff dunk at the end, and for costing several 2+2 bettors serious $$.

The line at -5 is all right, but I think I'll just take the teaser here again, for Det -0.5, Under 183.5. That Under should be no problem, so I'm basically just getting a Pistons pick'em. (Even if I'm wrong, there are few scenarios where Det would beat Mia by more than 5, but not hit the under 183.5.)

Final plays: Under and Det/Under teaser.