Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Re: \"Just call down like a donkey\" Thanks SSHE (No Content)

[ QUOTE ]
Basiccally, even if I were to flop a set on a monotone board, I'd still play it like it was the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Some math for the river call.

(In this case he had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

not that it matters, but what did the other guy have?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are two possibilities that I can see here.

The bettor has AKs or AKo, and you had him crushed until the river, where he may or may not have taken the hand.

The bettor has JJ-AA (maybe even TT) and you runner-runnered him to take the hand
Either way, I think you win this hand less than the odds you need, and though the river call looks good, you would fold everything except a 4 or a diamond on that street.

On second thought, if you called him down all this way with a read that he has AKs or AKo, you might as well continue to call down.

Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can have many more hands than that.

Nak
Old 05-25-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

pf is like the least interesting part of this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny how some ppl criticize the PF play (which I like BTW) and yet they are willing to fold a huge pot on the river.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(In this case he had 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

The other guy had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Nak
Old 05-25-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The other guy had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Nak

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for posting the hands. So some ppl (myself included) can realise how many times they have been THE mega-FISH at the table by folding a huge pot to a pair of sixes.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:47 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Nak is CO with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Nak calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, Nak calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of these are pretty easy calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls, Nak calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between AK hands leaving you ahead, and outs to 4s, this is an easy call.

Turn: (10 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, Nak calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

*yawn*

River: (14 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Nak calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, here we go. Ok, so SB has been the aggressor the whole time in this hand. We can take this to mean he has an overpair or AK, almost exclusively. Given that if he has a diamond, it's a really really good one, he isn't checking this river with a flush. UTG has been calling along the whole time to SB aggression, so it's not like he's planning to line up a check-raise here with a high flush either.

So now I think you are ahead of SB 99% of the time, UTG is iffy, and MP2 decided to bet. I really think UTG would've bet the river if he made a flush (not that a bet would neccesarily mean a flush), so I bet we have him beat too. The question is, will MP2 be betting this river enough without a flush for you to take it down.

With the odds you're getting, I think you have to call here.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basiccally, even if I were to flop a set on a monotone board, I'd still play it like it was the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops! thanks for correcting that typo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2005, 07:11 PM

Nak,

Thanks for the reply...I see what you mean about the implied odds..you would have had a lot of action if you landed that set and the future bets would justify the call..

- Jim
Old 05-25-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So now I think you are ahead of SB 99% of the time, UTG is iffy, and MP2 decided to bet. I really think UTG would've bet the river if he made a flush (not that a bet would neccesarily mean a flush), so I bet we have him beat too. The question is, will MP2 be betting this river enough without a flush for you to take it down.

With the odds you're getting, I think you have to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for adding the two checks to the analysis. I think this helps my hand. It also increases the chance that MP2 is bluffing. So, it could be accounted for in my earlier analysis.

I am thinking that raising the river (as others have pointed out) will definitely improve my chances to win this pot. It's very possible that very small flushes check.

Nak