Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 5 vs 9
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zepellin 46 76.67%
Whats Going On - Marvin Gaye 14 23.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Att to steal blinds poll

[ QUOTE ]
[

been drinking???

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and sadly my real stat isnt over 40...I just wanted to be cool [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I dont have PT handy, but Im pretty sure its like 39 or really close to
Old 05-22-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whos 45+, feel free to leave a post, but I doubt there will be any, but hey, maybe games at much higher limits are full of good players who play good tight solid poker and wide open for blind stealing, yeah right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sitting on an ASB of 45, over my first 20k hands at 15/30 and 30/60.

I'm not going to go over all the different values of hands, but I'll say that I do think this forum tends to underrate pairs and aces and overrate offsuit kings in these situations.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:08 AM

One thing to always keep in mind that there is a big middle ground (like hands that get you from 30% steals to 40%) where folks who play well post flop (and esp HU w/ position) can make money but others may not. And if you look at the folks in the past who advocate high steal rates, these are them.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:35 AM

I steal at 42.5 at 10/20 I stole at 45+ for 10k hands. I am v. loose from the button(37/28) and CO, and v. tight UTG (11/11). This is how I play.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Naphand

Jeesus, you are even more tetchy than me...go lie down for a bit.

I suspect that polls like this get most responses from players who are happy with their stats, not players who are uncertain. The result will be biased. My "guess" of 25-30 is based on the kind of posts and responses seen on the forum over the last year, mostly it is the more experienced players who are stealing a lot. You did not try to qualify the responders in any way. You have also not told us what the purpose of the poll is? Is there some technicality you are investigating or is this just for interest? You need to bear in mind who is responding.

I don't post my own figures as they are included in the poll, this thread is not about what my personal figures are, why would I even want to discuss them? And who cares if I am guessing or not? I merely expressed an opinion, or do you personally invest your ego in every one of your post "babies"?
Old 05-23-2005, 05:47 AM

I run at 47.8% at 15/30 full (yeah i know not the same lol).

At 10/20 6max around 30% or so. I dont see any need to steal at 40+ in loose games.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
51 votes and poll so far proved useless, as reults to widespread

[/ QUOTE ]

"Results too widespread"? What are you saying? If they are widespread they are widespread, and it reflects the general populous.

Suggest if you want to run a poll you need to filter the responders by placing conditions, such as $5/$10 (as this appears to be what you are setting up for). Getting figures for $10/$20 when you intend to use them for $5/$10 is not sound analysis. You should also ask for respnder who have played a minimum number of hands and a minimum WR. Do you really want 9K hands at +0.01 BB/100?

Polls are difficult to extract useful info from. You might want to ask for steal numbers from CO and Button and WR from both positions as well (or rather, correlate the two by structuring the poll properly to show this). Start with Button, post a poll of steal % and BB/100 from the Button (min. 20K hands).

If you want to then go on to investigate some of the marginal hands then good, most of the hands are easily derived from their mathematical chance of winning (just be sure to incorporate a decent margin to cover rake and still give a decent WR). You can work on blind steal from first principles (i.e. math) as it will be HU the majority of the time, and 3-way is still not too much of a problem.

Very opponent dependent, I say again. Bald % tells you a little but cannot even begin to allow the development of correct strategy. You must start from first principles, then consider the marginal hands and how they play post-flop against different opponents. Some play better will callers (and can/should in fact be limped <shock&gt, others you will need a high no-flop %. Sorry to hammer this, but you would be better to select a particular group of hands (such as mid-suited connector or 1-gappers) and work things out from there.

Inch-by-inch life is a cinch, yard by yard life is hard.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would I even want to discuss them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause you want to improve your game.

Why else are you posting here?
Old 05-23-2005, 07:00 AM

you think to much,

ever heard of bullet points, might save you some time.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:07 AM

Naphand, I'll take what info I can from the poll, and comments in the thread,
You are good at stating the obvious, and its so boring, like you looked up donk in other thread please go look up bullet points,