Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 10:31 PM

Default Re: how much do you keep in neteller at a time

The SPEs aren't the reason Enron is bankrupt. The SPEs hid the fact that Enron was losing money.

Yes, it was a terrible failure by a big 5 accounting firm (though not really that unique a failure). Still, even without the SPEs, Enron would still be bankrupt.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:52 AM

I remember a while back reading a popup news message at pokerstars saying that all accounts are insured now. If that is the case still, then it seems keeping the majority of your bankroll in a pokerstars account would be the safest way to go.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:38 AM

I wonder if poker sites invest your roll on their site.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:23 AM

I had reservations at a restaurant this one time. The restaurant went out of business and my reservation wasn't honored, so I didn't get to eat there. This is why you are stupid to leave money in anything besides your mattress.

This is about the same kind logic I have been hearing in this thread (well half this thread at least)....

Freakin
Old 05-19-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller also trades investments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this true? I don't know a huge amount about their activities, but I would guess their main income is from the large amount of charges they make with little/no cost to themselves. They basically just move money around their own system, making charges at every possible opportunity.

Joe
Old 05-19-2005, 02:09 PM

If you had millions of dollars in cash-----would you not atleast invest some of it in

Tbills
Tbonds
AAA Corp Bonds
CDs
small % in stocks?

The above would be very safe and increase profits.

-SFWUSC
Old 05-19-2005, 03:01 PM

Enron was a goofy company. I owned 2 laundromats several years ago. One day a lady came in from Enron and after we talked and ran some numbers it turned out that they would save me about 40% (on a $2K per month per store budget).

I signed up and started getting monthly bills from them. Money was real tight then and I had a policy that no bills got paid until the creditor called and asked for it or they were charging high late fees. 6 months and then 12 months passed without any calls from them and no finance charges at all. Finally after about 18 months and close to $25K in bills they called and offered to set me up on a payment plan of the current bill plus $2K per month. I went right back to the same policy and they never called again. About a year later they went bankrupt and I was put back on my local gas supplier. The final bill was pretty close to $40K if I remember but no one has ever sent me anything asking for it.

I always thought that was a pretty strange way to run a big business.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your money is safe there. I keep a five figure amount in there, I am sure many players here who play the mid and higher online limits (15/30 and up) on multiple sites must keep in the upper five figures or even more on neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmm. More than upper five figures in NeTeller, like $100,000? They must be a lot better at poker than money management.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Enron was a goofy company. I owned 2 laundromats several years ago. One day a lady came in from Enron and after we talked and ran some numbers it turned out that they would save me about 40% (on a $2K per month per store budget).

I signed up and started getting monthly bills from them. Money was real tight then and I had a policy that no bills got paid until the creditor called and asked for it or they were charging high late fees. 6 months and then 12 months passed without any calls from them and no finance charges at all. Finally after about 18 months and close to $25K in bills they called and offered to set me up on a payment plan of the current bill plus $2K per month. I went right back to the same policy and they never called again. About a year later they went bankrupt and I was put back on my local gas supplier. The final bill was pretty close to $40K if I remember but no one has ever sent me anything asking for it.

I always thought that was a pretty strange way to run a big business.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you had a very strange way of running your business.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:30 PM

I think it's perfectly acceptable to keep a large proportion of your bankroll in Neteller. When people say, "it's as safe as a bank", I just want them to know that isn't true at all. Keeping more than you need in Neteller for safekeeping is just a bad investment decision. That's my only real point.

Besides, putting money in your mattress is just dumb. Someone'll steal your mattress and then you won't have anywhere to sleep.