Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 01:08 AM

Default how much do you keep in neteller at a time

i haven't really kept a lot of money in neteller for long periods of time, but since i am trying to move up i want a large amount of my bankroll to be available to me at any minute. i should feel 100% fine (like as if it was in a real bank) with the money in neteller right?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:15 AM

Default Re: how much do you keep in neteller at a time

In theory it's like a bank -fdic +key logger threat. I have no idea how much cash you're talking about, but I sleep well with 2-3k there. Bigger players keep much more on account.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:23 AM

Its a public traded company.

Your money is safe there. I keep a five figure amount in there, I am sure many players here who play the mid and higher online limits (15/30 and up) on multiple sites must keep in the upper five figures or even more on neteller.

I feel very safe with my bankroll in there; does anyone have any reason I shouldn't feel this way?

-Todd
Old 05-18-2005, 01:28 AM

Default concur with toddster

no concerns about the safety of netteller
Old 05-18-2005, 01:29 AM

Other than the possible risk of your account getting hacked, other than that, I feel the money is as safe there as anywhere else.

I know paypal is terrible when it comes to that (from what I hear, my account has always been safe), does anyone know if Neteller does a better job handling situations like that?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:44 AM

Actually, the concern about your account being hacked is unfounded I believe. One time, my neteller was locked. I was a bit anxious, I had a good sum of money in my account at the time. I gave them a call, and it turned out that my account had been accessed by an IP too far away from my address, and my account was automatically closed. It turned out to be the routing around my area, but it made me feel a bit safer knowing that if someone outside of my area attempts to access my account, they'll be promptly shut down.

They're a very safety oriented company, which is why I believe they've achieved such great success.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, the concern about your account being hacked is unfounded I believe. One time, my neteller was locked. I was a bit anxious, I had a good sum of money in my account at the time. I gave them a call, and it turned out that my account had been accessed by an IP too far away from my address, and my account was automatically closed. It turned out to be the routing around my area, but it made me feel a bit safer knowing that if someone outside of my area attempts to access my account, they'll be promptly shut down.

They're a very safety oriented company, which is why I believe they've achieved such great success.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's awesome. That alone eliminates a vast majority of the fraud, my guess would be 90%+ (but that might be a tad high, i dont know what percent is friends/family stealing each others passwords).

At paypal, some guy from russia gets your info and goes on a spending spree, and they don't do anything about it until you log on one day and see all your money missing. I used to sell a lot on paypal so i have heard a lots of horror stories there, which is why i'm paranoid about security. I'm glad to hear that neteller appears to be much better in this regard.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:21 AM

Neteller is significantly less safe than a bank and everyone should understand that. That doesn't make it a bad place to put your money. Stocks and bonds are less safe than a bank too.

Really, my only criticism of someone with upper five figures in their account is that they're losing all the interest on that money. So, you should really consider the amount you're making by having the capital liquid vs the amount of interest you're foregoing.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:54 AM

One MILLION dollars!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller is significantly less safe than a bank and everyone should understand that.

[/ QUOTE ]

From neteller.com...

"Terms of Use

THE FOLLOWING ACCOUNT AGREEMENT DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN WHICH NETELLER PLC OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO ITS NETELLER SERVICES.

16. You acknowledge that (i) NETeller plc is not a bank (ii) NETeller plc accounts are not insured by any government agency, (iii) and NETeller plc is not subject to banking regulations and (iv) NETeller will invest in liquid assets and that interest earned on those assets will be the property of NETeller."

...So basically if something happens to their company (i.e. bankruptcy, robbery, etc.) say goodbye to your money.

[ QUOTE ]
Really, my only criticism of someone with upper five figures in their account is that they're losing all the interest on that money. So, you should really consider the amount you're making by having the capital liquid vs the amount of interest you're foregoing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only are you losing interest that you could be making by holding this cash in your own bank - you're also making money for neteller by giving them cash to invest in liquid assets.