Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2003, 10:56 PM

Default Re: Flopped set - misplayed on every street?

I'm never ever that sure in a situation like that.

You are of course right, I'm never that sure either. I just think the check 3-bet on the flop from a typical low limit player screams flush. The Buttons cap makes it that much more likely that I'm behind.

I'm having a hard time remembering a time when I folded a set for one bet on the river, I just thought this might have been a good time for it.
Old 04-17-2003, 10:59 PM

I don't know why you're getting so much flack for limping with a small pair EP in a loose and passive game. I would easily do the same without a doubt.

I agree. I actually thought the preflop play was the easiest decision of the hand.
Old 04-17-2003, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Important point about postflop play here

Wow, nice response Lee. Thanks for spending some time on this forum!

One of us is a little confused about some of the action though. More than likely it's me.

I agree that the call/check-reraise sequence from the CO is pretty terrifying....

But here's another scenario: A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

Are you saying the CO or the Button could have A [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] ? The context sounds like you are offering an alternative to the CO having a moster, but the action you describe fits the Button.

I didn't know Button well enough to know if he'd jam a flush draw. I really don't think CO would though.

I would say that in the situation you had on the flop (set with flush possible), you don't want to shut people out.

You raised several very good points here. Enough so that I concede. Betting the flop was probably better than check raising.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:29 PM

JTG51,
I believe that Hold 'Em for Advanced Players clearly states that in a loose passive game, you need to tighten up, since you could be up against anything.
I don't like the limp with 44, since your way out of position. With as many callers as their were, you have to flop a set just to be able to proceed. With so many people in the hand, a flop is going to help someone, leaving you only able to beat a pair of 3's or 2's.
In the long run, I think this is a loosing play. Fold pre-flop.

Old 04-18-2003, 12:48 PM

Default Re: HFAP 21st- Read it again. n/m