Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 11:21 AM

Default Re: Any WINNING players?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I set a 30BB stoploss for each session. If I hit that, I turn off the computer and don't return for 24 hours...

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this is a VERY poor system/rule. Are you multitabling? I assume so, and in that case a 30BB downswing is fairly common.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, this is a fairly new rule for me. I just moved to 5/10 6m and decided that to keep a solid handle on things I would put this rule in there. I'm two tabling and playing about 300 hands total per session, so I don't feel like this is completely draconian. Titlting and chasing losses and playing way too long are all leaks of mine and I have decided to do what I can to fix them. As I become more comfortable with 5/10 I am sure I will loosen up my limits, but for now...they work for me.

And Krishan...maybe when I am 1/20th as good as you...then I can relax my standards [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2005, 11:23 AM

When the game feels so automatic that I don't feel like I'm truly making decisions, just reacting to situations. It doesn't have to be a downswing (but it generally is).

I'll take a week off, go over hand histories, read/re-read or work on another game.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:31 AM

I'm in the midst of my first MAJOR downswing. I have never taken time off in the past, but have decided to do so now. I am still reading about poker on 2+2, but am not opening any poker client windows. I'm planning on staying away for a few days.

Suprisingly, even after only 2 days I feel remarkably refreshed.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:31 AM

I took 2 weeks away from the game. Read alot, trying to comprehend new concepts of the game. It helped alot, came back and doing even better than before.