Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Dealer Inside Information

True, I may be the exception.. Just FYI.. in my last 6 tournaments, I have cashed out in 3.. my last one in March was 1600 players, I finished 7th and cashed out for $7,500.00...

Oh some bragging.. lol...

Pokermama
Old 05-16-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can tell you, as a dealer and a player, that I do know which games are good and which games should be avoided... (any two cards are played)....

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I misunderstanding this, or are you saying that a game in which "any two cards are played" is a game which should be avoided?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:14 AM

"any two cards played" .. i.e. the player on the no-limit game that holds 10/4 OS when he isn't in the blind and then calls all in's..... or the players who hold the 9/3 OS and catch two pair on the board against pocket aces who has raised all the way to the river..

I guess I should have said.. and more correctly stated.. players for whom any two cards will do...

Pokermama
Old 05-16-2005, 12:19 AM

Right, but are you saying that games with these types of players should be avoided?
Old 05-16-2005, 12:32 AM

Personally, I wouldn't want to play against those who hold anything and suck out on the turn or river... It's fun sometimes, when your hand can hold up... but it frustrates me more to watch people attempt to play poker that way...

Before I push my stack in the middle, I want a good read on the player, not sitting there going.. damn did he hold that crap hand again or does he have a pocket pair of KK against my AK????

Just my playing style...

Pokermama
Old 05-16-2005, 01:18 AM

I would classify a "play any 2 card game" as a good game myself..
Old 05-16-2005, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Personally, I wouldn't want to play against those who hold anything and suck out on the turn or river...

[/ QUOTE ]

And Patrickdelpokergrande is right again.

This has turned into a rather strange thread.

The one dealer who says, "Yeah....most dealers are bad but I'll give you good advice on which games to avoid" is actually the dealer giving flat-out awful advice.

"Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes."
- William Shatner, Airplane 2
Old 05-16-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I wouldn't want to play against those who hold anything and suck out on the turn or river... It's fun sometimes, when your hand can hold up... but it frustrates me more to watch people attempt to play poker that way...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, as a dealer, are these the players that you normally see leaving with all the chips?
Old 05-16-2005, 03:00 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I am, hopefully, assuming that you mean the dealers that don't play poker and don't pay attention to the games as the ones "not having a clue"...

I can tell you, as a dealer and a player, that I do know which games are good and which games should be avoided... (any two cards are played)....

If anyone asked me about what games are good or not.. I would tell them.... and I would add to it.. "I would play that game or I wouldn't play it" hopefully they would pick up on that ...

But if you think I am a dealer without a clue, then you probably wouldn't pick up on my advice...

pokermama

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing this is a woman responding. Not just by the handle of 'pokermama' but because it's a general question and she has to put herself in the limelight as if we're talking to her directly and judging her. Especially the last line.

Is the : [ QUOTE ]
that I do know which games are good and which games should be avoided... (any two cards are played)....

[/ QUOTE ]

any 2 cards reference to a game that should be avoided? You wrote it like that's a bad game.

Most dealers don't have a clue that I know. The ones that play the game, never really studied the game. There's a big difference. Many have the same mentality that LL is hard to beat because your aces never hold up because you can't get anyone to fold. So they like games with 'better' players. Which directly relates to them not knowing what a good game is.

b
Old 05-16-2005, 03:09 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]

Before I push my stack in the middle, I want a good read on the player, not sitting there going.. damn did he hold that crap hand again or does he have a pocket pair of KK against my AK????

Just my playing style...

Pokermama

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But if you think I am a dealer without a clue, then you probably wouldn't pick up on my advice...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were a dealer with a clue, you wouldn't have given the above advice.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you even realize where the money in holdem is made?

b