Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Heading for No Mans Land

Yes but sadly/gladly there is more to poker than flop play. You need a plan for when "things" happen, hence my 3-part question incorporating later streets and possible consequences/action. If you play the flop without a plan, then you are not a thinking player, are you? Thinking with 20:20 hindsight does not count... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 03:06 PM

EDIT: I agree with kiddos line to just keep hammering but fold if raised. This is just specific to the way the hand was played.

I would probably just check/call the river here after the turn got checked through. He would be tempted to bluff a busted heart draw, and will bet a straight. Either way, check/calling costs the same as leading/folding, and I'm not sure there's that many hands he could have to call on the river that you beat. If he had had a piece of the board worth raising on the flop, the would probably have bet the turn.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:06 PM

No you are right. Stars is run by professionals who understand poker. Party is run by f**ktards whose only interest is taking as much rake from you as possible.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:07 PM

I agree with Kiddo's line.

Random thought: Why is everyone talking about Stars? His hand description says Pokerroom. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Random thought: Why is everyone talking about Stars? His hand description says Pokerroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

That had crossed my mind as well.

cjx
Old 05-12-2005, 03:38 PM

I'd usually 3-bet the flop because I am less thinking and more aggressive and then I'd lead til resisted. I might check raise the turn if I've been running well specifically at this table assuming a somewhat non scary turn (Qx not particularly frightening). As the action went I'd bet/fold the river. A player of this description doesn't bluff raise the river very often and may be frightened by the straight heavy board with now at least 3 overcards to the pairs that you're beating. Check calling I think allows him to check behind on too many hands he'll call with.

cjx
Old 05-12-2005, 04:53 PM

Blame Scotch78 (see earlier). Actually he is not far from the truth, I was 2-tabling on Stars with 1 table open on PokerRoom at the same time, which explains my confusion. Scotch78 is confused as he saw me playing on Stars last weekend. Scratch that, he is just confused... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 05:05 PM

Sorry, I thought it was obvious that if I 3-bet I lead the rest of the streets.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Scotch78 is confused as he saw me playing on Stars last weekend. Scratch that, he is just confused...

[/ QUOTE ]

Most definitely, I still haven't figured out why I was slumming at the 3/6 with you [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Scott
Old 05-13-2005, 06:04 AM

I seem to remember you were drunk, and you got so excited when you stole my BB a couple of times you sat out so as not to lose your precious $12... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]