Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Moving up limits on PS

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you fold this big pot!!!! Jeez, you got a fair hand and you can't 100% certain you're behind!!! You'll take enough of these pots in situations like this to make the call profitable in the long run. P.S. I didn't read the results, yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since MP2 has raised at every possibile opportunity, there is no reason to expect this river won't be capped. This means you'll likely have to call 3BB to win 30BB. So you have to be right 1 time in 10. Unless these players are crazy (and in all fairness I don't think we have that much information yet) I don't think you're ahead here even that often.

I would have raised the turn in this hand though as I think that would have given you more information as to where you stood. If it was 2 back to me at that point I would have likely folded.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:03 PM

Hey WP...Ive played with u a few times on PS. I usually play higher limits, such as 5/10, 10/20 and 15/30, but Im down at the lower limits doing a bankroll building project. Basically building a BR from nothing...when u have a lot of time on your hands it gives me something to do.

Anyway, I just had to install a new laptop harddrive so I lost all my DBs, but I played with u a few nights ago, looks like I have 46 hands on u.

I have u ranked as a sLP-P. Maybe its because I only have about 50 hands...either way, u need to raise more preflop, bring your agression level up post flop. Raise your Showdown percentage too, it needs to be at 30-35.

Anyway Im at the .25/.50 level on stars, I have the same name here, but with a James Dean avatar. I consider myself a good player and I still take hits down there every now and then, last session I dropped 20-25bbs. Just getting sucked out on, it happens. But u still need to work on those stats of yours...play tighter, be more aggressive.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:10 PM

I dont fold AQ for one more bet with the action on that river.

Anyway I dont put them on sets, most of the time a set will wait till the turn to pop u. The only thing I can think of that does this on the flop with the preflop action is mid pair to top pair, or sometimes they will limp with a high pair and come alive on the flop.

I think u need to look at their stats, they play a ton of hands and raise a good amount preflop...I think u are against an Ace and mid pair...Im going to showdown with this, especially with no diamond hitting, just hope they dont hit their kicker.