Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Bunky\'s Back! (oh yeah , and a hand)

Makes sense. I guess if the blinds are thinking enough opponents to isolate with some worse hands then they probably are concerned with your flop check here. I would be. Especially since they probably realize that you're aware that the LAG will bet almost every time here for you.

Your description of the opponent makes it sound like he's a bit of a rarity, since for someone with a 60% VP$IP a 2.5 postflop aggression factor is pretty damn high. But given your further description in other posts I see why you didn't consider further aggression until the A hits, of course.

Nice hand.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Makes sense. I guess if the blinds are thinking enough opponents to isolate with some worse hands then they probably are concerned with your flop check here. I would be. Especially since they probably realize that you're aware that the LAG will bet almost every time here for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been actually working on thinking through hands instead of the bet, bet , bet mantra that seems to be "the easy way to go". It eiter confused the heck out of them or scared them as I will bet 90-95% of the time after I raise PF, I bet the flop regardless. I think a check would look pretty scary there, not for the checking action itself, but with the LAG behind me and having 2 people in between us had to "protect" my hand to a certain extent.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Hopefully the LAG will raise and make the blinds fold when its two bets back to them instead of peeling for a J or Q, which would make a 10 no good if you were to spike one on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant put hopefully into the hand. Im not sure he would raise if I led into him, he would surely bet if I check to him though, and he will bet with any 2 he folated with PF.

[ QUOTE ]
2) If the LAG raises, the blinds are more likely to 3-bet a King since they too would love to tangle with the LAG and he seems to like his hand. This way you could fold for two cold back to you. If the LAG just bets on the end you may see a blind wait until the turn to come alive with his K.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Blind raises the flop and forces me to two cold with a King, he's pretty bad, a blnd with a King would cold call there, why chase me off when I'm likely drawing near dead? To protect his hand with a King? yuck, not sure I like that, his best bet is to get the LAG for another bet on the turn, and get me for another SB on the flop. Though its close, really close, I mean lets face it, theres no draw out there for him to be concerned about.

[ QUOTE ]
3) If the blinds don't have a King and fold to the LAG's raise then you are more than likely making the LAG throw in extra bets when you are a the favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

all this being presumed upon the LAG raising. If he raises, can I really be the favorite, I mean its likely I have the best hand but can I really be ahead often enough if he raises? Once the blinds cleared out I was going to SD, improved or not.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been actually working on thinking through hands instead of the bet, bet , bet mantra that seems to be "the easy way to go". It eiter confused the heck out of them or scared them as I will bet 90-95% of the time after I raise PF, I bet the flop regardless. I think a check would look pretty scary there, not for the checking action itself, but with the LAG behind me and having 2 people in between us had to "protect" my hand to a certain extent.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. Would you bet a K for the same reason?

I'm working on it too. I'm just not as good yet. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Ironically I think I did a much better job of it 8 months ago when I was playing almost exclusively live. Although I'm sure I'm far more capable of it now.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. Would you bet a K for the same reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with that situation, I would probably play a big king the same way, raise the river.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

River A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, villain bets, I check raise.....

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like. I am assuming a fold is not in your future, but you'd call a 3-bet?
Old 05-06-2005, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am assuming a fold is not in your future, but you'd call a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against said opponent, yes, I wouldn't like it but I'd call a three bet.
Old 05-06-2005, 12:49 PM

I probably wouldn't have thought to check that flop, but I think doing either is probably good. I like how you played this hand.

-SmileyEH
Old 05-06-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Bunky\'s Back! RESULTS

LAG boy had A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. MHIG.

Thanks all, you'll be seeing more of me now.