Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Bunky\'s Back! (oh yeah , and a hand)

Whaaaasssssuuuuppp!

Long time you rascals!

Been in HUSH and mid high and a post from another player got me thinking its been way too long since Ive posted here so here the heck I am. Hopefully, between, Nate, CDC, and myself, we can move you from the land of "I must play tight" to I must pwn clowns postflop. But jusging from what Ive heard that may be a little difficult.

Submitted to the peanut gallery is the floowinig hand from the Party 15-30 from last night. Villain in this hand is 66/30/2.5 so take that for what thats worth and we had been locked up in some major pots already. My table image is probably less that stellar at this point, due to some excessive action I gave against said villain in a previous hand for a $600 pot. Anywho, onto the hand.

Bunky is UTG+2 and has A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and open raises, folded to villain in MP who floats in, SB calls, BB calls. and we go flopping 4 handed for a raise.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, action is up to me.

Now I check, and I do it for 2 reasons. 1 is to gain information on the blinds, because the "villain" is a bet if checked to kind of player, if the blinds come along or checkraise, I have to reevaluate where I am in te hand, if the blinds clear out, I am going to SD against LAG boy with my bare ace and I am raising along the line if an ace ot T pops up.

Villain bets, blinds fold, I call.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check, call.

River A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, villain bets, I check raise.....

Thoughts?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:38 AM

Default Re: Bunky\'s Back! (oh yeah , and a hand)

Boring. Are you capping if he 3-bets?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Boring. Are you capping if he 3-bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I capped for value against him earlier with a set on the river, and he rivered the higher set, so when he caps on a big street he has a big hand.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I capped for value against him earlier with a set on the river, and he rivered the higher set, so when he caps on a big street he has a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, what ?
Old 05-06-2005, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I capped for value against him earlier with a set on the river, and he rivered the higher set, so when he caps on a big street he has a big hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

eh, what ?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's LAGGY preflop but wont pump in bets on the big streets without a very strong hand. Overpairs, two pair, etc. In that hand in particular I turen top set and capped with him, river A putting 3 flush on board, and he didnt play it like a flush and I capped the river with him too. He flipped AA. Pwned.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:42 AM

does a flop bet make sense to see if the lag will raise to drive the blinds out? combined they may have like 6 outs a piece with unpaired cards so you could be facing 12 outs aginast them. if the lag bets, the blinds could easily just call one bet to them, but would muck without hesitation for two right?
Old 05-06-2005, 08:54 AM

Flop bet is the best way to do this for a couple of reasons:

1) Hopefully the LAG will raise and make the blinds fold when its two bets back to them instead of peeling for a J or Q, which would make a 10 no good if you were to spike one on the end.

2) If the LAG raises, the blinds are more likely to 3-bet a King since they too would love to tangle with the LAG and he seems to like his hand. This way you could fold for two cold back to you. If the LAG just bets on the end you may see a blind wait until the turn to come alive with his K.

3) If the blinds don't have a King and fold to the LAG's raise then you are more than likely making the LAG throw in extra bets when you are a the favorite.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Hopefully the LAG will raise and make the blinds fold when its two bets back to them instead of peeling for a J or Q, which would make a 10 no good if you were to spike one on the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant put hopefully into the hand. Im not sure he would raise if I led into him, he would surely bet if I check to him though, and he will bet with any 2 he folated with PF.

[ QUOTE ]
2) If the LAG raises, the blinds are more likely to 3-bet a King since they too would love to tangle with the LAG and he seems to like his hand. This way you could fold for two cold back to you. If the LAG just bets on the end you may see a blind wait until the turn to come alive with his K.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the Blind raises the flop and forces me to two cold with a King, he's pretty bad, a blnd with a King would cold call there, why chase me off when I'm likely drawing near dead? To protect his hand with a King? yuck, not sure I like that, his best bet is to get the LAG for another bet on the turn, and get me for another SB on the flop. Though its close, really close, I mean lets face it, theres no draw out there for him to be concerned about.

[ QUOTE ]
3) If the blinds don't have a King and fold to the LAG's raise then you are more than likely making the LAG throw in extra bets when you are a the favorite.

[/ QUOTE ]

all this being presumed upon the LAG raising. If he raises, can I really be the favorite, I mean its likely I have the best hand but can I really be ahead often enough if he raises? Once the blinds cleared out I was going to SD, improved or not.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does a flop bet make sense to see if the lag will raise to drive the blinds out? combined they may have like 6 outs a piece with unpaired cards so you could be facing 12 outs aginast them.

[/ QUOTE ]

The LAG is more of a bet if checked to type of guy, he wont go nuts w/o less that top pairish hands, I cant count on a raise from him on this flop. I can surely count on a bet though, it alos looks a little more scary if they have a read on me checking into the maniac and trapping them in between. Now if they checkraise before it gets to me? I'm drawing to 6 outs but I think its a lot less likely to get checkraised w/o a decent hand there. It sure looks like Im trapping when I make that play especially since I autobet every flop I raise with preflop. Warning klaxons went off in these guys heads i suppose.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:54 AM

Bunky,

I'm assuming you were check/calling unimproved?

I guess I could see an argument for a flop bet but I like the check for the reasons you said. Although depending on the blinds they may check/raise hands you're ahead of to isolate.

Honestly though villains stats are pretty much bordering on maniac. Did you consider check/raising the turn for value? Would he fold some random two unpaired cards if you did, call, or would he just 3-bet with any xx? Is he as crazy as I'm thinking or not quite?

The river...sure.

Chief