Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 12:16 PM

Default Re: I inevitably do this. Can anyone offer advice?

to those of you who offered constructive replies (many of you), thank you very much. this is not a "problem gambling post." it's a bankroll strategy post, no different than any hands you post. i would love any other advice you guys have.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:21 PM

Play within your bankroll. IF you feel properly bankrolled for your limit, you won't get scared of going bust and cash out. In your case I'd build up a 500BB or more bankroll so you feel more than comfortable to play solid poker at your limit.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:34 PM

If you are donking away your money by playing outside your bankroll, you are not a winning player. It's pretty simple. You will be a winning player once you find the discipline to stick to the games you can beat. If you require some sort of artificial bankroll structure to accomplish this, then do so. You should understand though that it's probably not the best way to go about things - it would always be better to just keep an adequate bankroll for your limit and keep playing into the statistical long run. Cashing out randomly and keeping your roll artificially limited will probably keep you from moving up as fast as you could.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:08 PM

so then, if you have the necessary 300BB for a limit, how far above that do you cash out? obviously you don't want to restrict your heading to a higher limit, but i don't want to keep all my money in the damn poker account either
Old 05-05-2005, 02:36 PM

Put it in a savings account. www.ingdirect.com

Krishan
Old 05-05-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so then, if you have the necessary 300BB for a limit, how far above that do you cash out? obviously you don't want to restrict your heading to a higher limit, but i don't want to keep all my money in the damn poker account either

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep all my money in either Neteller or my "damn poker account."

I don't think I have a sufficient enough bankroll that it would make sense to dump it into a savings account (I have ~ 800 BB's at 1/2).

I haven't made any withdrawls yet, though I've been spending my rakeback dollars on books and DVD's and such.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:34 PM

No one can teach you discipline. That's something you have to learn on your own.

If you can't stop pissing away you BR, either quit playing poker or live with the consequences.

It's really that simple.