Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Hand 4

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2005, 10:58 AM

I call turn. Can't fold here. Can't 3bet here.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. I really think I'm good around 1/10 at this point. A 3-bet seems really spewing to me. I'm hoping for the board to pair or to hit a straight or trips on the river. Anything to give me a slightly stronger hand.

Krishan
Old 04-29-2005, 11:05 AM

I really don't think a three bet is spewing here- You have a third player in helping your odds when you are behind, and amking you money when you are ahead. If you get capped you fold on the river unimproved, sometimes its going to be tough to tell what "improvement" is, but i see this type of raise from the BB with A8-AT- and straight bluffs often enough to make this a three bet.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't think a three bet is spewing here- You have a third player in helping your odds when you are behind, and amking you money when you are ahead. If you get capped you fold on the river unimproved, sometimes its going to be tough to tell what "improvement" is, but i see this type of raise from the BB with A8-AT- and straight bluffs often enough to make this a three bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are a several likely hands that you are behind. if player is bluffing, wouldnt we rather just call him on the turn anyway... so that he will lead river as opposed to him folding to our turn 3bet?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:29 AM

It is the presence of the third player that pushes me to three bet. BB is unlikely to continue a bluff (but who knows, its party 5-10) into two players on the river here- and i want to charge the third player the max. He will have hands like JT/QT here a big chunk of the time.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet BB raises and MP calls 2 cold. My play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Weep uncontrollably?

Call down, hope that you suck out on A4 or AJ or QJ, but call down just in case the BB was getting frisky. 3-betting here is nutso.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:39 PM

Discussing highly situational hands without knowing what situation you are in is always a good time if you have time to waste.

The limper could have about a hundred different hands, his coldcall could mean he's drawing or he's afraid to raise his monster, though in my cases, he often has something like q9, q8, ax or some other nondangerous hand. An eye must be kept on him however.

Again, the BB could have numerous hands. Remember people, he only had to pay one small bet to see cards, and most BB need to talk themselves out of calling a preflop raise, even with rags. READS READS READS. At this point, there is no frame of reference for this guy to be raising. He could be hoping the ace scared you and hoped you'd drop an underpair. He could actually have a monster. Or like many online players, he could have just finished snorting a few lines and is in the raising mood.

With no reads, you still have a good pair of cards, and some draws. 3-bet. Check/call if raised, bet river if your turn raise is only called.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:00 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

perfect
Old 04-29-2005, 01:56 PM

Ugh. I really need some insight on BB. I strongly suspect the limper is on a draw, so let me think out loud some.

BB could have a worse ace and want to get the limper out.
BB could have two pair.
BB could have a nice draw, maybe coupled with a pair.
BB could have a straight.
Neither can be drawing to the nut flush.
BB could have a set.

Part of me wants to call down here and part of me feels like I have to raise. If I raise, a four bet from BB does not really bother me (I'm seeing a showdown regardless here), but I do hate givng away $20 for nothing.

I think I call down. I may be playing this too pasively though, since I really only need 1/3 pot equity to make raising here correct (since the limper is going no where at this point, and if he does fold he is probably making a catastrophic mistake).