Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: Some 2/4 hands

I have opinions about all the hands, but I will pick the one I see the most people doing, Hand 3. Why do you bet the flop and then check the turn? What is beating you on the turn that didn't have you beat on the flop? Bet.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:02 AM

1: This raggedy flop is an auto-bet for me.

2: I play it the same. Too bad he didn't fold the river like he was supposed to.

3: You're more likely to be behind on the flop than the turn. If he raises the turn, I'd call down.

4: Standard.

5: Bet the river.

6: Yeah, I bet this river, too. He's shown no liking for that A at all. I'm guessing he folds to a bet the way the guy in hand 2 didn't.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have opinions about all the hands, but I will pick the one I see the most people doing, Hand 3. Why do you bet the flop and then check the turn? What is beating you on the turn that didn't have you beat on the flop? Bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree, which is why I'm considering a check/raise here. The Q on the turn actually decreases the chance we are beat, because it reduces the probability that villain has one in his hand. If he has one, I think most people will let us know about it soon enough, in which case it's an easy fold. (Again, unless you have reads on villain that say he's either quite good, or quite tricky.)
Old 04-28-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who is Jack, and what's with you and Alobar's cryptic reference to him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fight Club. And yes, you should read the book rather than seeing the movie.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree, which is why I'm considering a check/raise here. The Q on the turn actually decreases the chance we are beat, because it reduces the probability that villain has one in his hand. If he has one, I think most people will let us know about it soon enough, in which case it's an easy fold. (Again, unless you have reads on villain that say he's either quite good, or quite tricky.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I considered mentioning a check/raise, but I don't think it would work out here. We raised preflop, so there's a possibility that the flop might get check through, which would suck with this many people. We bet the flop, so if check the turn, there's a possibility that this could get checked through (since the hand standings didn't change from flop to river), which I wouldn't want happening either. I like to take the safer, although granted, probably not as effective, line here and just bet.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:10 AM

Cool. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2005, 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like a check/raise too. First of all, I think I want BB to stick around for this hand, and a checkraise pushes him out. Also, though, I could easily see BB checkraising his own Q here if he has one, and a check with the intention of raising from you keeps you from getting trapped if LP bets and BB raises him.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:13 AM

I can see your logic, it would suck to have this get checked through. At $.50/$1 I think I'm definitely betting this turn because opponents are so straightforward.

But at $2/$4 aggression is a bit higher, and I think a check to the scare card will induce a bluff quite often. Hmm.. I'll have to think about it some more. I guess I like both lines.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the movie is pretty true to the book. both are very good. easily makes my top 5 list.. awesome movie.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the movie is pretty true to the book. both are very good. easily makes my top 5 list.. awesome movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't gotten the book, guess I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow