Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Winning Player

[ QUOTE ]
I think people maybe surprised by the players aggression factors.

I would imagine that most players would assume his post flop aggression would be higher.

To me he has good judgement of when hes ahead and when hes not, he'll do the betting to find out.

What do others think?

[/ QUOTE ]

His postflop aggression factors, while aggressive, are not maniacal, which I think greatly helps in this guy's ability to win. Basically, he's winning pots he doesn't deserve, sometimes paying off better hands because of how many marginal situations he enters, and sometimes getting paid huge when people don't realize how strong he is.

Curious I am: does this player's alias on Party revolve around "loving" to do something?
Old 04-24-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A while back there was a very interesting post for full-ring games that used bisonbison's PT autorate rules to compare different styles of play with long-term profitability over many hands. Obviously this was a very informal analysis, but the data suggested that preflop, barring absurdly tight play, was not a significant indicator of success. Postflop aggression was. The sLP-A and LP-A players fared at least as well and often better than TA-A players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I performed the same analysis on my database of 6-max players, and I found that all the postflop "aggressive" groups were aggregate winners (aside from the 'true maniacs' which I have set as 50/20/2.5 in my DB) and all the passive groups were aggregate losers.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would imagine that most players would assume his post flop aggression would be higher.

To me he has good judgement of when hes ahead and when hes not, he'll do the betting to find out.

What do others think?

[/ QUOTE ]

His postflop aggression factors, while aggressive, are not maniacal, which I think greatly helps in this guy's ability to win. Basically, he's winning pots he doesn't deserve, sometimes paying off better hands because of how many marginal situations he enters, and sometimes getting paid huge when people don't realize how strong he is.

Curious I am: does this player's alias on Party revolve around "loving" to do something?

[/ QUOTE ]

LUV2SANDBAG???
Old 04-26-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What do others think?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LUV2SANDBAG???

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, good job. he wasn't purposely not mentioning the guy's name or anything
Old 04-26-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What do others think?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LUV2SANDBAG???

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh......LUV2SANDBAG is very TAGgish in my database.

Is this just a random guess?
Old 04-26-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Uhhh......LUV2SANDBAG is very TAGgish in my database.

[/ QUOTE ]

And in mine as well.