Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 03:33 AM

Default Re: AK preflop debate

This is an easy 3-bet for value given the typical 5-10 game on party. There's some situations where the players play extremely well post-flop where pot control could become more important but this is not even close to one of them.

These people will call if the pot is inflated or not and you're missing out on value by not 3-betting.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of us thinks you should threebet preflop for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Daryn is right.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:37 AM

What they all said, make your money early.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:42 AM

I was basing it more on the fact that you're out of position against a large field of limpers than the pot odds. It was just that one of the OP's points was that after the flop, basically any hand would be getting terrific odds to call with whatever junk they had trying to spike 2 pair, gutshots straights, etc., which they would be correct to do getting 11:1 or whatever.

That said, see my other post about how I'm a full-ring NL player.

EDIT: I also didn't say that not 3-betting was correct, just that I could see some merit to it.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:44 AM

did you consider coldcall on flop in order to checkraise a non-diamond turn? if i though CO would bet turn often enough i think this is superior line. although he could be raising for a free card. which would suck if you played it like that.

oh yeah easy 3-bet PF
Old 04-25-2005, 03:56 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

by calling you give them infinite odds. by raising you give them good odds. which is better?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
by calling you give them infinite odds. by raising you give them good odds. which is better?

[/ QUOTE ]

This much I understand, but by building the pot OOP, it also makes it impossible for them to make a mistake, which is ultimately your goal, correct?

I'm not saying that my first response was right, it was just my immediate thought process and I'm more than happy to take criticism.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This much I understand, but by building the pot OOP, it also makes it impossible for them to make a mistake, which is ultimately your goal, correct?

I'm not saying that my first response was right, it was just my immediate thought process and I'm more than happy to take criticism.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot's already been built, they'll be getting over 10:1 on a single flop bet. I'll echo everyone else and say raise for value.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it also makes it impossible for them to make a mistake, which is ultimately your goal, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

It does make it harder for the opposition to make a mistake, but they have already made a bigger mistake of cold-calling with trash. You have a massive preflop equity which needs to be exploited. Raising might reduce your postflop equity by a tiny margin, but this is really not compensating anywhere near enough.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:08 PM

What everyone else said: 3-bet pf.

Surf