Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AK preflop debate (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=238992)

drudman 04-25-2005 02:53 AM

AK preflop debate

Daryn and I are arguing about this hand.

One of us thinks you should threebet preflop for value.

The other thinks you should just call in order to not inflate the pot and give the field the chance to correctly call bets on the flop.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

River: (12.20 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB

PoBoy321 04-25-2005 02:56 AM

Re: AK preflop debate

I think the play can go either way, personally, I don't mind not 3-betting here since I hate playing AK OOP against a large field of limpers, and any hand is getting a correct price getting something like 11:1 on the call if you raise.

daryn 04-25-2005 03:00 AM

nevermind [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

MAxx 04-25-2005 03:02 AM

3bet for value. i would cap for value.

PoBoy321 04-25-2005 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as a note, I'm usually a full-ring NL player, so I really don't deserve any respect.

kurosh 04-25-2005 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The other thinks you should just call in order to not inflate the pot and give the field the chance to correctly call bets on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is daryn, you're a retard and should kill yourself.
If this is drudman, sorry, that's wrong logic.

daryn 04-25-2005 03:09 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Just as a note, I'm usually a full-ring NL player, so I really don't deserve any respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

nah, i made a reply saying we were talking about preflop, then i realized you WERE talking about preflop.

sthief09 04-25-2005 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the play can go either way, personally, I don't mind not 3-betting here since I hate playing AK OOP against a large field of limpers, and any hand is getting a correct price getting something like 11:1 on the call if you raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

1900 posts and you're considering not 3-betting AK, because of POT ODDS???? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Alobar 04-25-2005 03:23 AM

This is an easy 3 bet. Not giving people pot odds? hell you could fold PF, and the pot would still be big enough that they have the odds to call with anything, so your raise doesnt suddenly change that issue.

sthief09 04-25-2005 03:27 AM

your life will be easier and less painful if you listen to daryn